Part 14

It's been almost five years since Obi-wan and I took on Padiwans. Marcus, Anakin, and Sirra have become Jedi Knights with much approval from the council. Obi-wan and I have become Masters on the council as well.

Since the three became Jedi Knights, the council moved them from Obi-wan and I's apartment and into their own rooms. "Esther, we have to go to the council meeting." Obi-wan states walking out of our room. "Look they are going to wait regardless." I grumble pulling on a long royal blue dress over my small baby bump.

That's right, Obi-wan and I are expecting a baby. The council wasn't too excited but we agreed that they would do a midi-chlorine test and then send the baby to an adoptive family. Right now I'm almost 9 months along and all I do at the moment is sit in on council meetings until the baby comes.

Within minutes Obi-wan and I reach the council chambers. "Ah, Esther and Obi-wan. Nice to see the soon-to-be parents." Master Piell jokes. "Haha, I'm tired of being stuck here." I grumble sitting in my seat between Obi-wan and Adi. "Well it could've been avoided." Master Windu states with a pointed look. "Whatever." I grumble once more crossing my arms. "Okay, leave her alone. What happened to the Senator from Leondar?" Obi-wan asks coming to my aid. "He had another assassination attempt on his life. He has requested the presence of a Jedi." Master Adi Gallia states. "That's the fourth time this week." I exclaim. "Decide who to send, we must." Master Yoda states.

Looking around I think about Anakin going. "What about Marcus?" Obi-wan asks rubbing his newly grown beard. "No, he's too into his emotions right now. I'm still trying to get him to clear his mind once more." I state. "What about Anakin? He's shown improvement." Master Piell asks. "Maybe. I would suggest sending a master over a knight." I state looking at the council. "What about yourself? You're a quick thinker plus it'll get you out of the temple." Master Tiin asks curiously. "No, she's too far along in her pregnancy. If the baby is born while she's away it could pose a danger." Master Windu says as Obi-wan nods in agreement.

"Master Gallia could come with me. If anything happens I could come back immediately." I suggest ignoring the annoyed look from Obi-wan. "It could work." Adi states looking at me with a knowing grin. "You must keep in contact with us, the second you go into labor." Master Billaba states as all the guys know how Obi-wan feels about the entire situation. "Decided it is, you two will leave this evening." Master Yoda states.

After being dismissed, Obi-wan mumbles under his breath as we walk to our apartment. "You can't seriously be mad at me." I state looking at his retreating back. "You know how I feel about this! What if something happens to you or our child?" he asks visibly upset. "Nothing will happen. The only thing that could possibly happen is that I could go into labor which I would instantly let you know and come home." I reply softly. "I just wish you would stay here." Obi-wan says as his anger disappears. "I've been stuck here for the past seven months, I need out for a little bit and two days isn't long." I state wrapping my arms around his neck. "I love you." He states placing a soft kiss on my lips.

Quickly I pack a bag and make my way to the ship. "Esther! I'm excited that you get to come along. I know you've been dying to get out." Adi states as I move to sit in the cockpit with her. "Maybe this will get the baby to come and then I'll be able to go on missions again." I joke turning on the co-pilot controls. "Hopefully, now let's get going." Adi grins as we begin to take off.

When we reach the planet, the beautiful scenery takes my breath away. "It always amazes me how beautiful it is here." I state looking at Adi. "It is stunning, how are you feeling?" Adi asks checking in on me as she has every few hours since we left. "I'm okay, we should let the council know we're here." I sigh turning to the hologram. 

After clicking a few buttons, the council members appear. "We have arrived at Leondar." Adi states informing the council. "And how is Esther and the baby?" Obi-wan asks being the overprotective man he is. "I am just fine. Glad to be out for a bit." I state coming into the hologram's view. I notice he visibly relaxed into his chair. "Okay, let us know if there is another attempt on his life. May the force be with you." Master Piell states before the hologram shuts off.