Part 12

Just looking around the chambers everyone knows what I'm about to say. "Esther, what of Padiwan Marcus have you discovered?" Master Windu asks. "H-He has decided to join the dark side." I reply sadly.

A chorus of arguments ensue throughout the chamber. "Silence! Esther, what should we do about your Padiwan?" Master Piell asks. "Give me some time to try to change his mind. He's young and we can change his mind still. He was very confused about everything before he went to bed. He almost seemed scared." I reply. "We will give you a year, if you cannot change his mind, we will have to expel him from the order and send him away." Master Plo replies sending relief through my veins.

Sighing I look to Obi-wan. "Obi-wan, how's Anakin? He is one to keep an eye on due to his anger before joining." Master Plo asks looking to the man next to me. "He is the same as ever, I sensed a little fear in him, about the same amount as Sirra had." Obi-wan states confidently. "Okay, keep a close eye on your padiwans, especially Marcus." Master Windu confirms. "No training tomorrow, there will be." Yoda says determined.

Without any more questions Obi-wan and I are sent on our way. "Well, Ive been thinking, we haven't had a chance to talk about this whole attachment, marriage thing." Obi-wan states as we open the door to the apartment. "I suppose we haven't had the time either." I reply following him to the balcony where we seem to have most of our conversations. "How do you want this to go?" He asks sitting in a chair across from me. "I'm not sure. I know where the Chancellor wants it to go." I answer. "Where do you want it to go?" I ask quietly. "Anywhere as long as you can stay in my life." He replies with a genuine smile. "What's holding you back?" He asks watching my facial expressions. "I suppose I've never had a close bond with anyone, not even with my Master. He always sent me on my own, never cared what would happen to me." I reply softly.

As we continue to talk, we begin speaking of various topics such as Master Qui-Gon's habits of bedding women, to how my Master was always finding trouble, and now onto our own habits. "Have you done anything with anyone?" I ask Obi-wan curiously. "No, Master Qui-Gon would try to get me to have sex with random women but I didn't feel comfortable." He replied nonchalantly. "How about you?" He asks with the same curiosity I had. "No, I never had time, not that there was anything wrong with doing it either." I answer calmly. "Would you have sex now? Like not right this second but in general?" Obi-wan asks tripping over his words. "I guess, I haven't really thought about it. What about you?" I reply looking back to the young man who was beginning to grow a stubble around his jaw and lips. "I mean yea, it depends on a few factors." He states looking at the stars in the sky now. "I'm sure Master Qui-Gon is laughing at me now." Obi-wan chuckles shaking his head.

We remain outside for a bit until we decide it's time to go indoors. "We should get some rest. The children will be up early no matter when they go to bed." Obi-wan chuckles as we close the door to our room. "I'm going to take a shower, I'll be out in a moment." He adds walking into the bathroom as I change into a short night dress and climb into bed.

As I lay there I find myself in the same situation Obi-wan was in and couldn't sleep. "You're still awake?" Obi-wan asks leaving the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around his waist. "I-I umm.." I stumble over my words as I look at his toned chest and back up to his eyes.

Obi-wan laughs and shakes his head at my flustered state as he moves to the dresser to pull out a pair of boxers. My cheeks blush as he looks at me over his shoulder. "There's nothing to be embarrassed about, I'm glad you like looking at me so much." He grins climbing into the bed next to me. Rolling my eyes I turn away from him as he pulls me back into his chest as per usual. "Goodnight." He whispers into my hair as his breath begins to even out. Soon enough I follow and am sound asleep.

Slowly I wake up to an arm wrapped tightly around my waist and soft breathing brushing against my neck

Slowly I wake up to an arm wrapped tightly around my waist and soft breathing brushing against my neck. Rolling over I curl into Obi-wan's chest for warmth as he pulls me closer to his body.

Because I couldn't sleep I trace my fingers over the muscles on his torso before tracing the veins in his arms. "You look beautiful." He whispers causing my to shoot my eyes to his. "How long have you been awake?" I ask quietly. "Only a few minutes, but your fingers felt nice and relaxing so I didn't want to disturb you." He replies. "Oh, I'm sorry if I woke you up." I reply moving my hand away only for him to catch it in his own. "I wouldn't mind waking up like this every morning." He grins playing with my hand.

Smiling softly I decide to sit up and get ready for the day. I move to the dresser to pull out a pair of black leggings and a tight grey long sleeve shirt. I move to the bathroom where I change before walking out of the bathroom and grabbing a hair tie for my curly hair. I go back into the bathroom leaving the door open as I braid my hair and place the rest into a bun.

As I work, I feel two arms sneak around my waist as Obi-wan rests his chin on my shoulder. "You know we could just hide in here all day, tell the Padiwans we aren't feeling well." He tempts. "They would know we were lying. However we can send them to do some research or to meditate." I suggest finishing my hair. "I suppose." Obi-wan sighs. "Be sides, we need to do our own training." I retort. "Well see can do a different kind of training, endurance training that you wouldn't need your hair done for." Obi-wan smirks. "Your horrible!" I laugh pushing him back playfully.

When I finish my hair I walk past Obi-Wan who was putting on his Jedi robes that all looked the same. "I'm going to see if any of them are awake yet." I state opening the door to the main room. Looking around I notice everything is still in place and I don't hear any movement from their rooms. They must still be asleep. I guess they did have a long day yesterday.

I return to my shared room only for Obi-wan to look at me confused. "They're all sleeping still." I state moving to look out the window. "Well, if you want to do some training I can write a note for them and we can go." Obi-wan suggests as he places his lightsaber onto his belt.

As soon as we make it to a training room we go to our respective sides pulling out our lightsabers. "Who is defense this time?" Obi-wan asks trying to throw me off. "I guess we'll find out." I reply with a grin. I watch as he tries to sneak around me.

Our lightsabers crash together as we try to find one another's weak spot. He quickly gets the upper hand when I lose balance and drop my lightsaber. I watch as he uses the force to grab it and he attempts to corner me. I take this as a chance to practice using the force against him. I push him back several times until he drops a lightsaber and I grab it with the force.

We continue to go back in forth with neither truly gaining the upper hand until we hear clapping behind us. "You both have great potential and show great skill with your lightsabers. Keep up the great work." Master Piell states moving from the corner to walk out the door.

While I'm distracted Obi-wan sneaks up and knocks my feet out from under me. I turn on my back to face him as he pins me down. "I win, never turn your back on your enemy." He chuckles still looking down at me. "Don't always count this as a win either." I reply as I turn us over as well. I then realize the position we are in with me straddling him as he lay on his back. I quickly pull myself up and grab my lightsaber.

Sighing Obi-wan climbs up out of the floor. "Esther." He says softly as I face the ledge. "I-I'm sorry." I whisper. "There's nothing to be sorry about." He replies wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. "I will wait until you're ready." He adds placing a soft kiss to my shoulder. "We should head back to the apartment. We've been here for most of the day." I state turning around in his arms.

Looking into his blue eyes I notice how conflicted he is through the force. "What's wrong?" I ask as my eyebrows furrow. "Nothing, you're right we should go back to the apartment." He answers avoiding my gaze. "Obi-" I start, before I can finish his name, he was out the door. What did I do?