Part 13

Its been a week since Obi-wan and I had our training session and a week since we had a normal conversation. Everything has been awkward and now I am being sent on a mission with Sirra and Marcus to evaluate their skills. "Obi-wan?" I call out softly as I enter the apartment knowing the padiwans are in their class.

He exits our room with his arms crossed. "Can we please just talk?" I plead watching as he goes to the balcony. "There's nothing to talk about." he sighs looking out at the city. "Ever since training you've been distant with me. You won't even have a conversation." I state moving to stand next to him. "Because I want to be with you, but you don't feel ready and I don't want to force you to do anything." he argues. "Nobody said I wasn't ready. For all you know I could feel exactly the same." I reply raising my voice.

His head snaps in my direction with a confused look "Really, so then why did you move and suddenly want to end training?" He asks pointedly. "Because since we became Jedi it was engraved in us to not have an attachment. In that moment I couldn't help thinking about what would happen if someone walked in. Because in my mind, it's still engraved that we can't regardless of what the council said." I answer looking at my hands.

"Who cares what anyone thinks? We have the approval of the council, they quite literally set us up." He states softly. "I know, I just don't want you to leave me too." I whisper.

Obi-Wan places a hand under my chin, turning my face to look at him. "Esther, I will never leave you. You mean too much to me." He states looking into my eyes. "Please don't say it if you don't mean it." I reply softly. "I meant and will always mean those words until the day I die." He confirms looking through my eyes and into my soul.

Before I can say a word he closes his eyes and leans in. Our lips meet as my own eyes close. The softness and warmth of his lips press against my own as his hand moves to cup my cheek while my own hands meet together behind his head.

When we pull apart I look at the man before me who had a slight tinge of pink to his cheeks. "I'm sor-" before he can finish the word I press my lips to his once more. "There's nothing to apologize for." I state after pulling away. "If anything, I'm the one who should apologize, I didn't know that what I did hurt you. For that I'm sorry." I state looking into his eyes. "Well, in that case, I'm sorry for overreacting." He sighs.

Before anything else can be said the doors open to reveal our three padiwans. "I beat Marcus and Anakin today!" Sirra exclaims entering the room behind the two grumbling boys. "That's great, don't let your pride cloud your judgement though." I warn as the three sit in the kitchen.

As we eat our dinner the three tell us about their lessons for the day. "Master Esther, where are we going tomorrow?" Sirra asks curiously. "We are going to Jammila, they have a boarder dispute that we must fix." I reply finishing the last of my dinner. "Which means you should get some rest." I add looking at my two padiwans. "Yes master." They both yawn. "I think I may go to bed too if that's okay?" Anakin asks looking at Obi-wan. "Of course." He smiles collecting all the empty bowls.

After the three were settled into bed, I made my way to Obi-wan and I's room to find him in the bathroom with just a pair of joggers on

After the three were settled into bed, I made my way to Obi-wan and I's room to find him in the bathroom with just a pair of joggers on. "They're all asleep." I state grabbing a long white night dress out of the dresser and changing before he can turn to see me. "Well, I suppose that's a good thing. How's Marcus?" Obi-wan asks. "Well, I can't sense anything from him dark side or not. I can't even sense his emotions anymore." I sigh sitting on the side of the bed. 

"Well, all we can hope is that he turned away from the dark side." Obi-wan states walking back into the. room. "What if I can't do it?" I ask doubting myself. "Don't doubt yourself, you are a great teacher. If anyone can turn their Padiwan away from the dark side, it's you." he says climbing into bed. "I hope you're right." I state turning to look at Obi-wan. "Trust me." Is all Obi-wan says in return before pulling me into the bed next to him.