Part 19

It's been several years since Sirra's death. Marcus has been glued to my side as I trained him harder than he or anyone could anticipate. He has become a strong Jedi Knight, one of the very few who could beat me in a fight.

"Master Callridge, we would like your thoughts on who to send to find Senator Havensbee." Master Windu says as I enter the Council Chambers. "When did he go missing?" I ask deciding I should find out the details first. "He was kidnapped by pirates two days ago. His family thought he was sick and left him be, when they checked in on him there was a note that states where he was and the ransom price." Master Koth states.

"What about Master Kenobi and Anakin?" I ask curiously. "They're on a border dispute at the moment. Should be back soon though." Master Windu states.

Suddenly we see a large explosion erupt at the senator's building. "What?" I whisper confused. "Speak to the Chancellor we must. Too many attacks on the Senators, war will begin." Master Yoda sighs.

Soon enough we all make our way to Chancellor Palpatine's office to check in to ensure this wasn't the beginning of a war. "Senator Amidala was the center of this attack." He states clearly. "If a war ensues, there are not enough Jedi to protect the entire galaxy." Master Windu states. "Let's hope it doesn't come to that." The Chancellor agrees before a hologram appears announcing the arrival of senators.

Rising from our seats, I look to the door noticing Padme who had grown since I saw her last. "Senator Amidala, glad to see you alive, we are." Master Yoda states. "Do you have any idea as to who this attacker was?" She asks. "Our suspicions point to disgruntled spice miners on the moons of Naboo." Master Windu states. "I can't help but feel at though Count Doku has something to do with this." Padme disagrees.

Looking at the young woman I couldn't help but agree with her. Meanwhile the rest of the council disagrees. "Why don't we place her under protection of your graces, perhaps some old friends such as Master Kenobi and Master Callridge here." Chancellor Palpatine suggests. "That could work, Kenobi and has apprentice should be back by now. We can send them to you and Master Callridge here can escort you back to your home. We will send your apprentice with Master Kenobi." Master Windu states as I nod in agreement.

Following Padme, we make it to the apartment and into her home. "I'm truly grateful to have you here, Esther. It's been far too long." Padme states as she leads me to her living room. "Agreed, how have things been in Naboo?" I ask. "They've been okay. Some disgruntled miners as you have heard. But I am here to ensure this vote is passed." She states. "You worked very hard on it, I hope you can be here for the vote." I reply looking around.

It's not long before Anakin, Marcus, and Obi-wan enter the apartment. "Master Kenobi! It's been a while." Padme states with a grin. "Ani? Is that you? You look so grown up!" Padme states looking at Anakin. "And this must be Marcus?" She asks looking back to me for confirmation. "Yes, he is very well trained." I state proudly.

Obi-wan and I move to follow Commander Panaka to the security room as Padme exits to her chambers. "This is our security. I will remain down here with the cameras on all entrances and exits while the four of you stay in the apartment." Panaka states. "Okay, if you need any of us please don't hesitate." I reply with a smile.

While in the elevator Obi-wan sighs. "I missed you while we were gone. Hopefully once Anakin and Marcus go through the trials we can be together more again." Obi-aan says taking my hand in his. "Hopefully." I reply leaning in to place a soft kiss on his lips. "The council has asked us to decide on a Master for Esme. She will begin as a Padiwan Apprentice soon." Obi-wan says of our daughter. "Master Piell would be a great Master for her. He has trained several but never taken on a Padiwan." I state.

Once back in the apartment, we find Anakin and Marcus talking with a black screen that was supposed to show Padme's room. "What was she thinking?" Obi-wan asks about March into her room before Anakin stops him. "She programmed R2 to alert us if he notices anything. Besides I can sense everything going on in that room." Anakin states. I drown out the bickering between the two and look out the window.

Suddenly I feel a strange presence as both Anakin, Obi-wan, and Marcus rush into her room. I follow behind as Obi-wan notices a strange droid at the window jumping onto it. "Go follow them! I'll stay here." I state as Anakin and Marcus rush out the door. "Padme, we need to move you to a more secure location." I state as Panaka agrees.

Once Padme is safe and we are confident there will be no more assassination attempts, I head home to find Obi-wan. "What's going on?" I ask softly placing a hand on his shoulder. "This toxic dart, I'm not sure where it's from." He states. "Let me see." I state holding out my hand.

Taking a look at it carefully, I place it back in a container. "I want to say it's from Kamino but I'd ask Dex to be sure." I sigh. "Well we should probably get some rest love." Obi-wan says with a yawn. "I suppose we should." I reply pulling towards our room.

Just like old times he pulls me into his chest whispering his love for me into my hair.