Part 6

For much of the ride to Naboo I sat alone thinking of my dreams and hiding away from everyone. "You know they've been looking for you right?" Obi-wan asks as he sits next to me. "Yea, I just needed some time to meditate." I reply resting my head on his shoulder. "Master Qui-Gon wants you to lead the Queen to the throne room once we are able to get to the Palace. The Queen wants to speak with the Gungans to have their army serve as a distraction. Qui-Gon and I will help get them to the entrance and then try to find the Viceroy." Obi-wan says informing me of the plan. 

It takes me a moment to realize what we are doing. "What if this starts a war?" I ask softly. "I don't think it will. I mean we are stopping the Trade Federation from illegally attacking another planet." Obi-wan says softly. "What are they going to do with me. You still have a master, I don't. I just can't stop thinking about what will happen to me." I sigh. "Well, considering they moved us both away from our Master's apartments, I'm going to assume that we are about to become knights." Obi-wan ponders. "That would be nice." I sigh taking in the scent of pine trees that he smells of. "When you're ready, we can go find everyone." Obi-wan. says taking my hand in his. 

Once we return to the front of the Naboo Cruiser, we head closer toward the lush green planet of Naboo. There is only one Federation battle cruiser orbiting that is viewed on the screen before us. "The blockade's gone." Captain Panaka exclaims. "The war's over...No need for it now." Obi-wan sighs. "I have one battleship on my scope." the pilot announces. "A droid control ship." I whisper. "They've probably spotted us." Panaka says. " If they spotted us, we haven't much time." I sigh.

The spacecraft lands in the Gungan swamp. Troops unload as Obi-wan and I head over to Qui_Gon. "Jar Jar is on his way to the Gungan city, Master." Obi-wan informs as Qui-Gon looks to be deep in thought. "Good." Is all that we get in response. "Do you think the Queen's idea will work?" Obi-wan asks looking between his Master and I. "The Gungans will not easily be swayed, and we cannot use our power to help her." Qui-Gon answers. "I'm...I'm sorry for my behavior, Master. It is not my place to disagree with you about the boy. I am grateful you think I am ready for the trials." Obi-wan says regretfully to his master.

Qui-Gon looks at Obi-wan for a long moment before saying "You have been a good apprentice. You are much wiser than I am, Obi-Wan. I foresee you will become a great Jedi Knight. You will be a great Jedi Knight as well from what I've seen Esther." I smile happily at the compliment. 

JarJar exits the swamp lake and walks over towards us shaking his head "Dare-sa nobody dare. All gone. Some kinda fight, I tink. Sorry, no Gungas...no Gungas." he says sadly. "Do you think they have been taken to camps?" Panaka asks concerned. "More likely they were wiped out." I mutter looking at my two fellow Jedi. "No...mesa no tink so. Gungan hiden. When in trouble, go to sacred place. Mackineeks no find them dare." JarJar reveals. "Do you know where they are?" Qui-Gon asks hopefully moving towards the Gungan. "Mesa take yousa dare!" JarJar gladly agrees. 

The group follows JarJar as he moves through the swamp. I watch as he stops to sniff the air. "Dissen it." he states looking back towards us. JarJar makes a strange chattering noise. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a Captain and six other Gungan troops riding on Kaadus emerge from the brush. "Heyo-dalee, Captain Tarpals." JarJar says sheepishly. "Binks!! Noah gain!" Captain Tarpals groans. "We comen to see da boss." JarJar says missing all the signs that we are not wanted here. Captain tarpals rolls his eyes. "Ouch time, Binks... Ouch time for all-n youse." Tarpals grumbles leading us in  a different direction.

I look around at  all the Gungans while the Queen's decoy does the talking with the Boss Nass. The tall trees provide the perfect cover for a secret hiding place such as this. Suddenly, Padme steps forward. "Your Honor..." she starts. "Whosa dis?" the Boss Nass asks confused. "I am Queen Amidala. This is my decoy...my protection...my loyal bodyguard." Padme states finally outing herself to everyone else. Anakin has a stunned look while Obi-wan, Qui-Gon, and I gove one another a knowing look.

 "...I am sorry for my deception, but under the circumstances it has become necessary to protect myself. Although we do not always agree, Your Honor, our two great societies have always lived in peace...until now. The Trade Federation has destroyed all that we have worked so hard to build. You are in hiding, my people are in camps. If we do not act quickly, all will be lost forever...I ask you to help us...no, I beg you to help us." Padme pleads dropping to her knees for the Boss Nass There is a gasp from those who never thought the Queen would bow to anyone.

"We are your humble servants...our fate is in your hands." She adds defeatedly. Slowly, everyone begins to kneel before the Boss Nass including us Jedi and Annie. The Gungans look puzzled by our move causing the Boss Nass to begin to laugh. "Yousa no tinken yousa greater den da Gungans.. Mesa like dis. Maybe wesa bein friends." the Boss Nass agrees causing grins to. erupt on all our faces. 

I look out at the field just past the tree line as the rest of the group works to form a plan. "Are you ready?" Obi-wan asks as the troops get ready to move. "I believe so, I heard the plan. We have to get the Viceroy." I confirm keeping my gaze on the horizon. "Yes, if it comes down to it, you must go with her if we get split up." Obi-wan says softly. Before we know it, it's time to head to the Palace.