Part 32

Before Marcus can land a hit, Master Plo stops his saber. "You have gone too far young one." He states pushing him back. As Marcus continues, we all work his way into the Control Room. The fighting is intense as we attempt to tire him out. I end up on the defensive as Marcus jumps up on the table view screen in the center of the room.

"Don't make me destroy you, Master. You're no match for the dark side." Marcus threatens. "I've heard that before . . . but I never thought I'd hear it from you." I states sadly to the boy before me.

Marcus forces the Council back as he forces me into the Conference Room where the quarters are much closer and Sparks fly everywhere. Marcus jumps onto the conference table as I slide across the table, knocking him over. I grab Marcus' lightsaber as he falls.  Behind me I hear council members attempting to use the Force to enter the room.

"The flaw of power is arrogance." I state continuing to try to reason with him. I stand looking at my former apprentice for a moment wondering where I went wrong. "You hesitate . . . the flaw of compassion." He retorts.

Marcus launches at me and we lock sabers. I put out my hand to use the Force to push Marcus away as tears well up in my eyes. Marcus puts out his hand to block myself before we are both blasted backwards onto the control panels

Once we regain our footing the battle continues. As Marcus kicks me away. We battle around the room, and eventually the door to the exterior is knocked open and we continue battling out onto the balcony

Marcus forces me down a narrow balcony outside the Control Room. He rips objects off the wall and throws them in my direction as he pushes me further and further along the walkway.

The balcony comes to an end and I find myself trapped. I look over the balcony and into a river of lava. Looking for any sign of escape, I realize I'll have to go through Marcus.

I turn as he cuts apiece of the balcony railing off, along with a control panel. Alarms begin to sound, and a protective ray shield around the superstructure disappears. It tumbles into the molten abyss, disappearing in a puff of smoke. A small pipe connects the Control Center to the Main Collection Plant. I have no choice but to tightrope-walk out across the lava river while fighting my apprentice.

Marcus, following behind, jumps down onto the flexing pipe, lands, and resumes fighting. We work our way across the small pipe, fighting ferociously as we go. I slip off the pipe, throwing my lightsaber up in the air, and quickly grab on to the pipe. I swing around, grabbing on to an upper pipe, retrieving my lightsaber, and landing back on the original pipe. We continue to fight across the pipe until we reach the Main Collection Plant.

We battle on the top of the multispired collection panels, jumping from one to the other. At the end of the collection cluster, a huge spray of lava covers the attachments that hold up the collectors. The frame begins to melt as it's raining lava. I run for cover under the collection cluster. We continue to fight in the lava rain, darting from cover to attack, then quickly retreating to cover. Inotice the council members making their way over as quickly as they can.

Support for the entire structure begins to fall away, and the collection cluster falls into the lava river. The two of us continue our fight, climbing to the highest point on the tower as the rest begins to melt away as it rides the swift current down the river.

It bends toward the lava as we get out toward the end. The fighting gets fierce. I get to the end and become trapped. The tower slowly starts to sink under the lava. I realize I've become very close to the edge of the lava falls. Grabbing a rope, I leap from the collection arm.

I turn back just as Marcus swings his lightsaber continuing the sword fight hanging from cables as we swing past each other. From my cable, I spot something that causes me to stop fighting. The lava river ahead drops off in a tremendous lava fall.

Snapping and metal groans are heard as the main part of the collector starts to break away and move toward the lava fall. I look around and see a small floating platform making its way toward the tower. I do a double hack-flip and land squarely on the floating platform. I immediately lean to one side and move away from the tower and my lost apprentice.

Marcus realizes he is doomed as the entire tower heads for the falls. He swings back to the tower, climbs up and makes a running leap and miraculously lands on worker droids surprising me. The giant collector goes over the lava flow and disappears in the mist of sparks below.

I head for the bank of the lava river, but Marcus is faster. He catches up and attempts to continue our sword fight. While balancing on the tiny platform and puzzled droid Marcus, standing on the Droid, approaches me on the work platform.

"I have failed you, Marcus. I was never able to teach you to think." I yell to the young apprentice. "I should have known the Jedi were plotting to take over . . ." Marcus yells angrily. "From the Sith!!! Marcus, Chancellor Palpatine is evil." I reply.

"From the Jedi point of view! From my point of view, the Jedi are evil." He replies. "Well, then you are lost!" I state sadly. "This is the end for you, My Master. I wish it were otherwise." Marcus yells.

He jumps and flips onto my platform. The fighting continues again until I jump toward the safety of the black sandy edge of the lava river. "It's over, Marcus. She has the high ground." Obi-wan yells from the other side of the lava river.

"You underestimate my power!" Marcus yells to everyone. "Don't try it." I state as tears flow down my cheeks. Marcus follows, and I cut my young apprentice at the knees, then cut off his left arm in the blink of an eye. I watch as he tumbled down next to the lava as I fall to my knees.

I watch as he then struggles to pull himself up the embankment with his mechanical hand. His thin leather glove has been burned off. He keeps sliding down in the black sand.

"You said that you would, destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who said you would not leave it in Darkness." I cry out painfully. Obi-wan picks up Marcus' light saber and begins to walk away. He stops and looks back at the lost Jedi.

"I hate you!" Marcus screams as I watch his body catch fire. "You were like my brother, Marcus. I loved you." I state sadly moving to the council. The council looks in horror as Marcus becomes engulfed in flames. I refuse watch him as he struggles to climb the embankment, covered in flames. Hiding my face in Obi-wan's Jedi robes as tears flow freely. The council stands as they watch the remains of Marcus King go up in flames.