Part 26

"Head to the Battle Cruiser." I state through the commlink to Obi-wan, Anakin, and Marcus. The Jedi Fighters maneuver in unison, dodging flack and enemy laser fire. R2-D2 is on Anakin's ship. R4-P17 is on Obi-Wan's ship. R3 has his place on my ship as well. A giant space battle continues as the tiny Jedi ships continue our assault in a synchronous ballet.

I bounce through the flack with a frown as my ship rocks violently. "There isn't a droid made that can out fly you, Master, and no other way to get to the Chancellor . . ." Anakin calls out to Obi-wan. "Look out, four droids inbound . . ." I state looking around.

The four of us swerve in unison as the four droid drop fighters attack. After several clever moves by the Jedi, two of the droids collide with each other in a ball of flame. I struggle to maintain control of my ship.

"We've got to split them up." Obi-wan announces. "Break left, fly through the guns on that tower." Marcus suggests from my side. Obi-wan and I fly to the left of a huge tower on a republic cruiser. The two droid drop fighters follow the two of us. "Easy for you to say . . . why am I always the bait?" I grumble causing Obi-wan to chuckle. 

"Don't worry. I'm coming around behind you." Anakin says as he and Marcus fly around. Obi-wan and I deftly maneuver around a large Starship's superstructure, but the two droid fighters stay on our tail, blasting us with intense laser fire. "Split up!" Obi-wan calls out as we turn in different directions. I look behind to see both following closely. "Guys, they're all over me!" I complain.

"Dead ahead! Closing . . . lock onto her, R2 . . ." Anakin says confidently. "Anakin swoops in for the kill as he blasts one of the droid drop destroyers causing it to explode. "We got him, R2!" Anakin laughs. 

Marcus blasts away at the second droid as R5 beeps an angry warning. "I copy, R5." Marcus says. "I'm going down on the deck." I state. "Good idea ... I need some room to maneuver." Marcus replies. I dive toward the surface of one of the larger Trade Federation Battleships and become forced to fly through a maelstrom of laser flack. I skim the surface, followed by the final droid, which is followed by Marcus, Anakin, and Obi-wan.

"Cut right. Do you hear me?! Cut right. Don't let him get a handle on you. Come on, R2, lock on! Lock on!" Anakin calls out trying to help Marcus. "Hurry up! I don't like this!" I call out to the three. I fly through a narrow gap between two towers on a Battleship. The droid fighter hits one of the wings with a laser blast, and parts of the ship go flying. "Ouch! Don't even try to fix it, R3. I've shut it down." I grumble. 

"We're locked on ... we've got him . . ." Obi-wan states. Obi-wan drops in behind the droid fighter and blows him apart. "Yeah! We got him . . ." Marcus cheers. "Next time you're the bait . . . Now let's find the Command Ship and get on with it ..." I sigh in relief. "Lock onto them, R2. Master, General Grievous's ship is directly ahead." Anakin states.

"The one crawling with vulture droids?" I ask nervously. "I see it. Oh, this is going to be easy." Obi-wan says now annoyed as I am.  We then spot the droid vultures flying towards us to attack. "Come on, Master." Anakin cheers in excitement. "Not this time. There's too much at stake. We need help. Odd Ball, do you copy?" Obi-wan says calling for backup. 

"Copy, Red Leader." Odd Ball replies. "Mark my position and form your squad up behind me . . ." Obi-wan states. "We're on your tail, General Kenobi. Set S-foils in attack position." Odd Ball commands. The protective ray shield lowers on the main hangar of the trade federation hanger, and six new droid tri-fighters emerge and join the vulture droids heading toward the Jedi. I then extend the stability foils on the ends of the starfighter wings.

"This is where the fun begins. Ten Vulture Droids straight ahead, coming down the left side." Anakin states. "Add five Tri-fighters on the right . . ." Obi--wan adds. "I'm going head to head. See you." Marcus states following Anakin. "Take it easy, Anakin." Obi-wan replies.