Part 8

After being back in Coruscant for a few weeks I decided to talk to Obi-wan about getting my own Padiwan. "You wanted to talk?" Obi-wan asks sitting on the couch. "Where's Anakin?" I ask looking around for the young boy. "In training with the younglings." Obi-wan says with a yawn. "Well, I was thinking about taking. on a Padiwan as well." I state. "I say go for it, you have amazing talent with a lightsaber, you're strong with the force. You would make a great teacher." Obi-wan says excitedly. "Are you sure?" I ask nervously. "Yes, now go ask the council for a Padiwan and then meet me in the training room cause we need to practice a bit." Obi-wan chuckles shoving me out the door. 

Once I reach the Council Chambers, I arrive to find only a few members. "Jedi Callrige, nice to see you." Master Tiin says. "Masters." I bow. "What can we do for you dear?" Yaddle questions. "I would like to take on a Padiwan." I state confidently. "Finally! I have the perfect Padiwan for you, come with me." Master Koth states as he leads me down to the training rooms.

When we arrive, I watch as the young Padiwans spar with one another. "They are twins, we wanted to keep them together. They are very strong together." Master Koth states. "Marcus, Sirra!" Master Koth calls out. Two young children make their way over with grins plastered on their faces. "Sirra, Marcus, this is your Master. Esther, these two will be your Padiwans." Master Koth states. "We will have them place a second bed in their shared room." he says before sending the two children back to their training. 

Quickly I make my way to a training room where I find Obi-wan. "So what'd they say?" he ask lighting his saber for our training session. "I am training twins." I reply getting into my fighting stance. "Two? At once, that's impossible." he mutters as our blades collide with one another. "Well, it just means twice the fun." I joke as I hit his lightsaber out of his hand. "Well you can teach them about other ways to fight aside from just using lightsabers." Obi-wan grins as he pushes me to the ground and I lose my lightsaber as well. 

Before he can grab a lightsaber, I grab his arm and pull him back so he lands on the ground. "Not everything requires a lightsaber." I giggle holding up my arms to defend myself. "You're right, but you should keep an eye on everything" Obi-wan says as he knocks my feet out from under me before straddling me. "Touche." I huff. While he's distracted I grab my lightsaber and hold it up next to his neck. "I think I win." I grin as he groans. "Maybe this time but not always." he chuckles before helping me up. 

We continue to practice until our Padiwans are finished with todays lessons. "We should go find them, they'll probably get lost." Obi-wan says with a grin. We begin to make our way the training rooms of the younglings. "Sirra, Marcus, this is Obi-wan and his padiwan Anakin." I state introducing the two younglings to their new roommates. "We should go get some dinner." I suggest causing Obi-wan to nod in agreement. "Esther, Obi-wan! The council needs to speak with the two of you as soon as possible." Master Gallia says bringing another Jedi with her. "Take their Padiwans to get dinner please." she says before leading the two of us away.

"Master Gallia, if I may ask, is there a problem?" I question following behind her. "I'm not sure if it's a problem or if it's something helpful for the Jedi to use. It is more or less an order by the senate." she sighs shaking her head. 

As we enter the council chambers everyone goes silent. "Welcome back, I suppose you're wondering what is happening?" the Chancellor asks as Obi-wan share a confused look. "Yes, actually." I state looking at the council. "I want the two of you to legally get married." The chancellor says causing me to raise my eyebrows. "No." I say quickly. "And why not?" the Chancellor asks. "It's against the Jedi order." I state looking at the man before me. "It is forbidden to have attachments. We cannot do what you're asking." Obi-wan confirms. "Well, it seems the Council is willing to make an exception to the rules. I want to see how well you complete missions as a Jedi when you have an attachment. You have been very close to one another since you were on the mission in Naboo." the Chancellor states. 

The room begins to swirl as the Chancellor continues on about how he wants us to go against the code. "I need some air or a chair." I mumble shaking my head. "Here, come sit. You look pale, is everything okay?" Master Gallia asks softly knowing that I'm still recovering from my last several missions. "I'm just confused. Why us? Why not someone who no longer has a Padiwan? We both just got Padiwans and they can't have attachments which means we would be a bad example for them to follow." I state confused. "We have four couples including the two of you if you're willing. It would be announced as a test to see how things would work." Master Windu sighs rubbing his face. 

Looking around I shake my head. "We don't want to go against the Jedi code." Obi-wan says looking between everyone. "You won't, if anything once this trial run is over, it will be removed from your records that you even had a relationship unless things somehow work for the better." Master Plo Koon states. "Please inform me of their decision by the end of the day." the Chancellor sighs before leaving the Council Chambers. 

I hold my head in my hands. "We will do what the council chooses." Obi-wan decides to which I agree. "Then legally the two of you will be married. We will move the girl into your room and the two of you will share a room." Master Piell says nodding in agreement with the rest of the council. "So that's it? We just sign a paper and share a room?" I ask confused. "There are other things married couples do, but I feel like someone else can tell you about that." Master Windu sighs dismissing the two of us. 

Walking back to the apartment I look at Obi-wan confused. "What's he talking about?" I ask confused. "I take it your master didn't take many liberties when it came to women did he?" Obi-wan asks. "I'm afraid I don't know what you mean." I reply confused. "Well, I'll have to show you sometime which the padiwans aren't running around the apartment." Obi-wan chuckles opening the door to see the kids running circles around one another.