Part 33

Silence, the ride to Alderan is silent as nobody wants to speak of the horror we just witnessed. "What do we do now?" Anakin asks quietly. "We move on, we get Palpatine and remove him from power." I reply as everyone looks to me.

Master Tiin looks at me sadly. "What about Master Windu?" He asks carefully. "He's alive. Injured, but alive." I sigh looking away from everyone. "Rest we must. Plan to head for Coruscant in the morning, we will." Yoda states as everyone nods in agreement.

Looking around I decide to go find a secluded spot on the ship and it's not long before Master Stass Allie comes to sit nearby. "You used to be friends with my cousin before her death." She says softly. "Master Gallia, yea. We always saw eye to eye. She was a great friend and mentor." I reply softly. "She always spoke highly of you. I don't think anyone could do what you were forced to do today." Allie says sadly. "I-I don't know what to do anymore." I reply as my voice cracks.

Coming into view several members of the council come forward. "I failed two padiwans." I sigh looking at my hands. "Sirra wasn't on you. Marcus, failed himself." Master Plo states as tears flow down my cheeks. "My apprentice tried to kill me, he... he was willing to kill me after I had raised him. I taught him everything I knew." I state sadly. "He was turned to the dark side." Master Kolar states as Obi-wan crouches in front of me. "You have not failed anyone. You saved the Jedi while the rest of us didn't know where to begin. You took out the threat, and you are the one who will bring Palpatine down." Obi-wan states pointing out everything I've done to help.

"Lead the mission to take down Palpatine, you must." Yoda states as I look at all the council members before placing my eyes on Anakin. "What if you all die as well? I could never forgive myself." I ask nervously. "That is a chance we are willing to take. You are the strongest Jedi we have, and the strongest leader." Anakin states coming up as well. "Please, do this for the remaining Jedi." Ki-Adi-Mundi pleads.

I look between the 11 Jedi before nodding my head. "Get all the living Jedi to Alderaan. We're going to need everyone." I state. I take Obi-wan's hand as he pulls me to my feet. "I need a list of every Jedi that could possibly be alive and where they were last spotted." I state. "I can get that for you." Bail Organa states.

Once Bail Organa returns with the list, we get to work. "Okay, everyone has their list. Find them quickly, go get them if they are unable to find transport." I state pulling my own list with me to a commlink.

By the end of the day, almost 6,000 Jedi had been located. "Has anyone heard from the temple since we left?" Obi-wan asks looking around. "No-" before I can finish speaking, my commlink goes off. "Who is it?" Master Allie asks as I stare at the words. "I-it's the temple." I reply.

"Master Callridge, this is Padiwan Esme, my master turned on me. I don't know what to do." Esme's voice alls out through the commlink. "Esme, you don't have to worry about your master any longer. Are there any padiwans, younglings, or knights with you?" I ask. "There are six of us including me." She replies. "Okay. Stay where you are. Do not move anywhere. We are making a plan to get into the temple. Do you have your lightsabers?" I ask. "Yes." She replies after a moment of hesitation. "Okay, keep those by your sides, they are your complete lifeline at the moment. I will contact you when we have a plan." I state before closing off communications for their safety.

"Let's get the rest of the Jedi."