CHAPTER 7

Note: Dear Silent Readers, if you find my story interesting, kindly do vote. If you find it's offending you in any way, kindly do comment or DM me instead of reading silently which never benefits anyone. It takes alot of time and effort to write a story, but less than a minute for you to show your kind appreciation.

___________________________________________

Mallika

Yes, I blush easily. I blush every time anyone teases me with a random person. This isn't cute. But cheap. I hate myself for being like this. It makes me look like I'm too desperate for a man or a relationship. All this is because of my childhood and the surrounding I grew up in. From primary to secondary school I studied in a girls' school. Since my childhood, I was never allowed to mingle with my male cousins. So, I grow up only speaking to my female cousins and isolating myself from boys. Soon, when I enter college for tertiary education, I was confused with the term love. Even a boy's friendship seems like love to me. At this point, I am confused between love, friendship, and kindness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mallikaaa!" Anika's voice brought Mallika out of her deep thoughts.

"What has happened?" She asked.

"Nothing, bro. Just in a pensive mood."

"Yaa, probably thinking about my buddy? How would he look? Right?" Pravisht teased her.

"Anika, before I stitch your would-be's mouth, you better take care of his words!"

"Wow!! No violence please!" Pravisht said as he always had a little fear of Mallika.

"VIOLENCE, VIOLENCE, VIOLENCE, WE DON'T LIKE IT, WE AVOID, BUT VIOLENCE LIKES US, WE CAN'T AVOID!" Manika said while pointing the fork towards Pravisht. This was the tagline of this trip although they stole it from their mutual favorite movie KGF-Chapter 2.

"You would do everything except for what we actually came!" Anika frowned at Pravisht.

"Ok baba, sorry!" Pravisht lips curved downwards. Anika melts seeing her love being sad. She quickly gave a kiss on his cheek which boost him instantly. Mallika had no choice but to bear with their romance.

"Okay, the reason we are here is to invite, not actually force you to come out with us the day after tomorrow. You, me, Pravisht, and my buddy will be there!"

"Buddy? but why him?" Mallika asked.

"We wanted my bestie and his bestie to choose our theme for each and every ritual of our wedding. Like from engagement to Mehendi, Sangeet, haldi, wedding ceremony, and reception!" Anika said.

"First night also!" Pravisht winked to receive a punch on his abs from Anika.

"So, overmorrow we will discuss the themes as we need to hand the plans to the wedding planner a month before the engagement." Anika clarified.

"Alright, that sounds great. I guarantee colourful and bright ceremonies of your wedding!" Mallika said proudly.

Anika hugged Mallika and said, "It's like a dream come true moment for me, Malli. This is all because of the hope and this beautiful Krishna you have me!"

 This is all because of the hope and this beautiful Krishna you have me!"

"You still have him?" Mallika asked in excitement. Mallika never shares her Lord's idol with anyone. But for the first time, she share it with Anika and Pravisht 6 years back for their well-being and as a token of gratitude for their friendship.

"Obviously, He's absolutely special to me, especially when you have Him to no one but us! As you said, he did wonders in my life. I'm thankful to him in real!" Anika said.

"Where's your Pravisht?" Mallika asked as she already knew the answer. He had it, but the idol was broken in half.

"Broken or no, Lord is still Lord na? As long as I'm still keeping him safe with me!" Pravisht convinced her, but what he said is true. No matter broken or unbroken, new or old, if we look at a normal rock and worship it as Krishna, it will definitely be Krishna. After all, every atom is Narayan himself.

"Just keeping, not safe!" Mallika rolled her eyes.

"By the way, this is the year, you're gonna find your true one. So, be ready to give away that one special Krishna that you are keeping safe for 10 years." Anika said.

"Well, let's see if anyone who deserves my Krishna will cross my life or not!"

2 days later

2 days later...

Sumedh

I woke up from a bad dream with sweat beads all over my face and bare shoulders. My chest was moving up and down rapidly as my heart was racing. I looked around and found my water bottle. A cool sensation went down my esophagus as I gulped down the iced water. I took small steps towards the balcony and opened the window. The cool morning breeze with the hint of morning sun rays hit my skin, calming my mind, body, and soul. I shut my eyes tightly to overcome the bad dream I had earlier this morning. Sudden of all, my phone beeped. It was my alarm, showing 8 am. I shut it down and walked lazily to the bathroom. Just when the heated water touched my skin, I instantly felt relaxed and forgot about the dream.

After a short realization that I'd been standing under the shower for about 20 minutes, I had a real quick bath and rushed out of the bathroom. It's the day for me to pay a visit to Pravisht & Anika. They've been begging me to meet them at least once to discuss their wedding plans. Anika told me that Pravisht's bestie is me, and her bestie which is... I don't know her, maybe 'X' is the one who is supposed to decide the themes for every event of the wedding. Me, deciding about a wedding? I got really bad taste! I just hope that Anika's friend would have some good taste. I don't want to ruin their special days.

Our meeting has been set at the Starbucks Coffee Shop. I have gotta be early or else I'm going to be stuck in the working morning traffic.

In less than 20 minutes, I reached the location but I didn't get any hint of Pravisht and the two girls over there. After calling him, I realized that they were still at home. Obviously, girls are always late! No offense, but that's true nah?

I settled at a corner table, with my headphones on, forgetting the outer world while finding the inner peace that I lost long ago. Will I ever find it?

Will Sumedh find inner peace?

Or something even more special than that?

To know about it, stay tuned.

DON'T FORGET TO

VOTE ✅
COMMENT ✅
SHARE ✅