CHAPTER 11

After the long and tiring hike, they all went to a restaurant to have lunch. Ananya was found dull by Mallika. She asked Ananya what was bothering her. She said that her cousins are nagging her for not replying to their messages although she told them that she is out with friends.

"Come on, give me their numbers. I shall give it to my friends and ask them to keep them on track. Don't worry, I won't let your name out!" Sumedh said. He kept a short name for Ananya which was Four Eyes as she was wearing a pair of spectacles. His intention was to help Ananya as she was friendly and talked well with him. Unlike Mallika, who was keeping her mouth shut and avoiding eye contact. Sumedh thought she wasn't comfortable with him, and that's why probably she refuse to hold his hand for help.

Little did he know, his friendliness and kindness were just an outcome of his nature, but Ananya capture it differently. She felt special when Sumedh tried to help her out and begin to be closer to him. Watching this, Mallika begins to feel a little down although she managed it with a big smile on her face. Besides Mallika, even Anvisht noticed the difference in Ananya and was irritated. Anvisht in their mind fixed that Sumedh should either pair with Mallika or anyone who is not from our friends' group. They really want their respective best friends to pair up so that their friendship will be even stronger.

Anvisht whispered something to each other, what else would they do? They had a plan which will be launched tonight. While going back, Sumedh kept a short name for Ananya which was Four Eyes, as she was wearing a pair of spectacles. But when Anvisht insisted he give a short name to Mallika, he refused and said he is out of thought. Mallika didn't make it a big deal.

 Mallika didn't make it a big deal

That night...

Mallika was sitting on her bed with two braids that her mum did for her while writing something in a notebook. Suddenly, Anvisht video called her. She casually answered the phone as they usually use face time. However, this time, the place where Pravisht it looks different than usual. Pravisht was smiling wide for no reason whereas Anika was pressing her lips to control her smile.

"What's wrong with both of you?" Mallika asked in confusion. Only then, did Pravisht turns his phone to the other direction where Sumedh was lazily laying on the bed. Mallika was speechless for a second yet she didn't wish to end the call.

"Hi!" Sumedh said in a husky voice.

"Hi!" Mallika said covering her laughter.

"Actually, the purpose of this video call is for an ice-breaking session between Sumedh and Mallika!" Pravisht said.

"But before we start, I would like to take a screenshot and post it on my status. I just want to make sure no one crosses their limits!" Anika meant Ananya who was catching feelings for Sumedh.

Mallika clearly knows for whom Anika was doing this, and deep in her heart, she supports the act of Anika. But why?

"Okay now, let's begin!" Anika said and Mallika looked at her with her right eyebrow raised.