CHAPTER 21

"That's a huge thing to digest!" Sumedh spoke.

"Yes, it is! He's a good person, yet our relationship was toxic."

"It must be really hard for you to move on right? Plus this was your first love!" Sumedh said.

"Not really!" Mallika shrugged.

"What? It was easy?"

"Not that easy too! As you said, it's not my first love, it's my first relationship that's all. Because love is the outcome of your soul's feelings. But in Meghan's case, it's because of family pressure. Love and relationships aren't the same. Besides that, Anika and I always believe in one thing. If you have a reason to love, it's not love. Love doesn't come with a reason.

When you're adamant & stubborn that you want someone, it is called OBSESSION.

When you like someone for their character, it is called ADMIRATION.

When you like someone for their body, it is called LUST.

When you like someone for their looks, it is called ATTRACTION.

When you like someone because they love you and cry for you, it is called EMPATHY.

When you like someone because they make you forget your daily routine, it is called INFATUATION.

When you have no idea why you like this person and are still confused but able to make sacrifices, it's called LOVE.

What I had for Meghan is admiration. The teenage me mistook it for love. But that's alright, at least I was able to understand love."

"You should start a book on love I guess!" Sumedh giggled. "However, he is now married right, why didn't you visit him with your family?"

"That's not all about Meghan yet, Sumedh!"

"What? There's more?" Sumedh widens his eyes.

"Yup. So recently, I called him and I get to know that he still secure my photos in his phone. Imagine, if his wife saw it, she would definitely blame me but not her pati parameshvar. I asked him to delete my photos and move on. But he says he won't. I tried to say nicely, I begged him, and even yelled but he was stubborn. With full confidence and arrogance, he said 'Block me if you want, delete my number if you want. I know how to get your pictures. I will not delete your pictures from my phone. And I will not forget this angel of my life.'"

Sumedh licked his teeth under his lips while looking away. He didn't like the way Meghan talked to Mallika.

"He calls another girl angel despite being married. And guess what, he said he wouldn't forget me. But, he gets his wife pregnant. What's going on? Sharing his bed with another girl and keeping someone else in his heart? If this is not cheating, what is?", Mallika huffed.

"What on earth is this man? If he wasn't able to forget you, why did he even marry another girl?"

"He said because his family forced him," Mallika said. Sumedh paused for a second, remembering how his cousins forced him to marry Akshara although he says no.

"If you don't fight for what you want, you shall not cry for what you've lost! He didn't stand up for himself and his feelings and now he is complaining. No one is except him and his silence was the reason for his pain now. In my opinion, thinking about one girl and living with another girl is also cheating!" Sumedh listened to each and every word of Mallika carefully. He felt she was saying this for him directly although she didn't.

"In addition to that, I told him that I have a boyfriend, yet he still didn't-.." Before she could finish, Sumedh held his chest and stood in shock.

"You have what? A boyfriend? You never told us? Who is he?" Sumedh bombed her with questions. Mallika bites her tongue knowing that she blurted.

"No, I mean. It was a lie that I told Meghan. I don't have one, but..."

"But what?" Sumedh asked narrowing his eyebrows.

"First of all, I'm sorry! I've used your picture without your consent!" Mallika cutely held her ears.

"My pictures? For?" Sumedh crossed his arms against his chest.

"Uhm.. I sent it to Meghan, saying that you are my.. my lover! I'm really sorry, I didn't get any other person's pictures. On Instagram" Mallika apologized out of embarrassment. She might choose to not tell him the truth, but she did it anyways.

"You didn't get any other boy's pictures on Instagram? And you want me to believe this?" Sumedh teased her.

"Let's be practical. In my Instagram following list, there are only two boys, besides celebrities and my cousins. It's you and Pravisht. Meghan knew that Pravisht is my best friend's lover and not mine. I couldn't lie saying it's one of my cousins, because he is my cousin too, he knows all my cousins. So the remaining person is you! Thus, I sent yours!" Mallika jutted her bottom lips out.

'Aggghh.. Cuteee!' Sumedh thought.

"Hmm, it does make sense now!" Sumedh chuckled. "I guess we shall continue our walk, we paused for a long time!"

"Yup sure, let's join Anvisht!"

"Anvisht?"

"Yes, Anvisht, Anika, and Pravisht!" Mallika grinned.

"I wonder what ours would be!" Sumedh scratched his chin.

"Dear Sumellika, can we continue our walk?" Anvisht shouted from a distance.

"Sumellika?" Sumedh and Malika said in unison. They looked at each other and turned away. Smiling to themselves like mad people, they took ran with tiny steps towards their best friends.

And tadaa... This update is upon my birthday 😁❤️ Happy Birthday To Me😂🥳
Don't forget to

VOTE ✅
COMMENT ✅
SHARE✅
FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM: parmitha.writes❤️