CHAPTER 22

Manika were walking behind Sumedh and Pravisht. Mallika and Anika were enjoying the scenario, while Pravisht was stretching his muscle throughout the walk. On the other hand, Sumedh saw a girl with a pink top and shorts, with AirPods jogging right next to them.

"Buddy, look at that girl. Isn't she pretty?" Sumedh said while placing his elbow on Pravisht shoulder. Even before Pravisht could take a glance at her, Anika slapped his head from the back.

"Babe, I didn't even see her!🥺 Why would you hit me!?" Pravisht said, making a puppy face.

Sumedh and Mallika covered their mouth with their hands in shock. Mallika glared at Sumedh for complimenting that girl.

"Anika ji, trust me, he hasn't seen that girl. It was me!" Sumedh said.

"Yes, I know that Sumedh. This is just a trailer, if he saw that girl, my treatment would be different!" Anika said.

"Let's go Mallika. Men are always like this!" Anika pulled Mallika by her wrist.

"Batti gull chaaya andhera mard hai bin pendi lota" (Men are shameless as the lights are out and there's darkness ~ A phrase from Oo Bolega Ya song.) Mallika said this and rolled her eyes at Sumedh before leaving.

"We don't need them, bro, let's go on our own!" Anika said.

"A joke it is!" Sumedh said. Mallika turned to him with an eyebrow pointing upwards sharper than a needle.

"Achha? We will show you!" Mallika challenged them and went with Anika. They ran for a certain distance away from Sumedh and Pravisht's sight. Mallika played the 'Duniyaa' song on her phone. Manika was singing along while walking and dancing in between without worrying about what others would think. It has been 10 minutes Manika is away from Sumedh and Pravisht. Anika began to feel pity for them but not Mallika.

"I feel bad for them bro!" Anika said.

"I don't! Your friend challenged me! I'm not going back to him!" Mallika said and swiveled only to find two creatures running towards them in the funniest way possible. It's none other than Pravisht and Sumedh. They ran across Manika with their limbs folded and swinging in the air. Manika looked at each other and did a hi-fi.

Manika walked casually as if they did not see them. At one point, Pravisht pulled Anika by her waist towards him.

"Mallika, look at this guy, ask him to take his hand from me!" Anika frowned.

"Hello, mister. Please take off your hands from my friend." Mallika warned Pravisht.

"If not?" Pravisht smirked

"I'll pull her!" Mallika pulled Anika by her wrist whereas Pravisht was pulling another side of Anika.

"Hey Sumedh, what are you looking at? Remove her hand from Anika's!" Pravisht said to Sumedh who was trying to stop their mini-war without touching Mallika. How sweet ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ

Mallika noticed how Sumedh hesitated to touch her wrist. So much her type. Finally, having no other choice, Sumedh held her wrist and separated her hand from Anika's. Surprisingly, his touch on her felt absolutely normal and calm. Unlike when other boys touch her hand, even for a handshake, she would be nervous and uncomfortable. Amusement flickered across her sweaty yet beautiful face.

As Pravisht grabbed Anika closer to him, Mallika rolled her eyes, "Fine then, I'll walk by myself!" Mallika moved from them and was walking alone. However, Sumedh followed her. He blocked her way with a wide, cute, and innocent yet smirky smile playing on his lips. As she moves to the right, he does, and as she moves to the left, he does too. Mallika's nostrils flared and eyes squinted looking at Sumedh for blocking her way. But this was just her outer expression. In her heart, she was having butterflies as he played along with her.