CHAPTER 18

Sumedh asked Mallika to tell him about her ex out of nowhere. Why does he care? He's in confusion hainna? 🙄

"I would but now my mom is around. She's gonna get mad if I discuss her favorite person with anyone. I'll tell you during our next hike!" Mallika said. Anvisht silently looked at them as they spoke without expecting Anvisht to help.

"Oh, okay then!"

A week later...

Anvisht along with Sumedh came to pick up Mallika as usual for their hike plan. The only change this time is they did not invite Ananya. So it was only Anvisht and Sumellika. Double date, huh?😏

They start off with having breakfast at a South Indian restaurant. Mallika refused to eat as she wasn't having an appetite due to the first day of her period. Sumedh glared at her and forcefully ordered her a dosa and tea. They were having a great time as Anvisht showed Sumedh Mallika's unseen humorous videos. Sumedh refused to believe it was her because in person she is absolutely quiet and innocent. Really Sumedh?

After that, they proceed to their hiking spot. And as usual, they played blasting music in the car. Manika were sitting at the back, being a professional passenger, and were vibing.

Mallika was obsessed with the hiking spot as it's perfectly her type. A small road in between the forest is the actual hiking trail. But as Mallika wasn't in the situation to walk in the forest, they walked along the road.

It was a cloudy day, blowing a cool breeze on these four friends. They seem to be comfortable and happier than ever. Not sure if everyone is, but Mallika is for sure. Never was she this hype and energetic during her periods. Even Pravisht was shocked to see her that way.

"You said she would be like a dead hen on her periods, but I didn't get any hint of that!" Pravisht whispered to Anika.

"I know right? You wanna know the reason?" Anika asked to which Pravisht nodded aggressively.

"Look who's next to her! According to some research, the moods, and pains of one during menstruation or any other kind of aches will show a positive reaction when surrounded by their favorite people. Look at my bestie walking next to her favorite person. Why would her cramps bother her when he's next to her?" Anika whispered to Pravisht. It does make sense to him now. He smiled faintly and side-hugged Anika.

Anvisht were walking in between Sumellika. Pravisht decided to show his mischief now.

"Hey boy, let me walk with my love alone! Move there" Pravisht pulled Anika by her wrist and pushed Sumedh by his hip toward Mallika. Mallika made a shield out of her arms to avoid being crushed by Sumedh's well-built body. Sumedh loses his balance and collided with Mallika's tiny body. But by God's grace, they were safe from falling down.

"Yes!" Pravisht murmured under his breath.

"I'm sorry!" Sumedh apologized.

"That's okay.."

"Let's go, babe!" Pravisht said and pulled Anika with him for a short jog until they create sufficient space for Sumellika to be alone. Surprisingly, none of them opposed Anvisht's decision. Mallika clutched her backpack's straps while walking, whereas Sumedh was with his hands inside his pocket.

A moment to be remembered it was, for both of them. Mallika was strangely comfortable when she was alone with this man, no one surrounded her. Only Sumedh and her. If it was any other man in Sumedh's place, Mallika's reaction would have been totally different.

Tiny steps they took. They longed that the path should never end. Under her face mask, Mallika's lips stretched to a big, wide smile. All the way, Sumedh was watching her enjoying the cool breeze and the prettiest scenario of nature. An unknown happiness rose in his heart. Their silence wasn't boring for each other. If you feel bored when you talk about nothing to the person next to you, it means you just need their company to overcome your loneliness. Timepass in a simpler word. But even if in silence you feel comfortable and excited when the person is next to you, that's called...>>>>>>>>>>>

"As long as the sun shines, as the earth rotates, as long as the sky never falls apart, as long as my heart beats, let these days stay fresh in my mind and heart, Oh Lord!" Mallika thought.

"May this short journey of ours, last forever. Waiting for more walks just like this, even closer in the future!" Sumedh thought out of nowhere.

As if their heart called each other, at the very same time, Sumellika looked at each other. And that's it! Their eyes met and locked. They were lost in the eyes of each other which is deeper than the ocean, and wider than the sky. Their eyes are just like Bermuda Triangle. You wouldn't be able to come out once you fall into it!

Being exhausted, Anvisht decided to take a short break. They advised Sumellika to do so also so that they wouldn't feel tired for the rest of the journey.

"Excuse us, we have something to talk about! You both stay here, okay?" Anvisht said leaving Sumellika behind. Anvisht crossed a bridge and went quite far from them.

There was a wooden table and chair where Anvisht left them. Sumedh folded his legs and sat on the table whereas Mallika sat on the chair facing him. The sun was sinking between the clouds, giving slight darkness around them.

"I'm surprised at myself!" Sumedh broke the silence.

"Why is that so?"

"I never spoke to any girls on chat consistently, walked next to a girl, or never sat and spoke to her alone. It's all new for me!" Sumedh smiled out of sudden butterflies in his tummy. Mallika pressed her lips to control her smile.

"As if I'm talking to 10 boys daily, walking with them and sitting among them!" Mallika rolled her eyes.

"I didn't mean that, I'm just saying that I don't know why I feel... I feel differently with you!" Sumedh blurted but didn't care to correct or cover up what he said.

"Huh?" Mallika asked.

"Err.. never mind! By the way, did you wish your ex his wedding anniversary!?" Sumedh asked with a smile playing on his face, but true ones will understand it's not a smile but a burning jealousy. And Mallika did understand.

"No, I didn't! Probably later!" Mallika said.

"You told me that you will tell me about your ex... Will you? If and only if you're comfortable!"

"I'm always comfortable with you!" Mallika mumbled fixing her hair.

"What was that again?" Sumedh asked.

"Nothing, I said I will surely say!" Mallika said. She adjusted herself and took a deep breath.

"Years back is when it started..."

TBC🥀

Don't forget to

VOTE ✅
COMMENT ✅
SHARE❤️
Follow My IG page: parmitha.writes