CHAPTER 20

Mallika thought she found her first love and the love of her life. Little did she know, he wasn't the one she was searching for. God has other plans for her. Less than two months into the relationship, Mallika found changes in Meghan. Respect should be mutual in a relationship. She gave him enough respect but she didn't receive it. But she ignored the red flag thinking it was because he is older than her and it was common.

Soon, Meghan began to force her to talk overnight although she has school the next day. She would say that she have to go, but he would get angry. To calm her boyfriend, Mallika also would stay on the call. In the longer term, this made her skip school as she would wake up late. She was getting scolded by her class teacher for skipping classes frequently. Long story short, Meghan was making Mallika's grades drop gradually.

They had various conversations which turns out to be arguments.

CONVERSATION 1:

"Sir, do you know Ahalya? The wife of Gautama Rishi?"

"Who is even Gautama? You see, I barely know them all!" He frowned.

"Fine, at least do you know Draupadi?"

"Hmm, yaa! The one from Mahabharat. What's up with her?"

Mallika hesitated to continue. She wanted to ask something else, but end up asking silly questions.

"How many husbands, does she has?"

"5! What kind of question is this? Is this what you wanted to ask?"

"Yaa!" Mallika replied blankly.

"Ugh.. you're too bored with these questions. Let's have some interesting talks."

"Like?" Mallika asked in confusion.

"Like.. when are we getting married and how many kids we would want to have!"

"There's a long time to go for it, right?"

"Yes, but guess what?"

"What?"

"I can't wait to make you sleep on me. I can't wait for the romance I want to have with you!" He said blushingly. A muscle in her jaw twitched as her eyes turned numb in disappointment.

'Why does he thinks about that all the time and not about love? I mean, there are many more things to do in a relationship than just the moment in bed!' Mallika was screaming in her head.

"Oh! Okay. My phone is dying. I need to charge it. Talk to you later, bye." Without waiting for his reply, she put down the phone.

"Did I make a wrong decision?" Mallika thought, pursing her lips.

CONVERSATION 2:

"Mallika, so you're coming with me here, right? I mean, after marriage."