CHAPTER 26

"Sumi..." Mallika called him out of nowhere. Sumedh was confused at first but realized it was a cute name that she gave him.

"Sumi.. Sounds cute!" He said to himself.

"Do you remember our first meet!?" Mallika asked hugging her knees.

"Yes, I do!" Sumedh smiled.

"The moment I heard your name in the coffee shop! I fall in love with your name! Sumedh! That's my imaginary lover's name. He's such a perfect guy that I thought wouldn't exist. But Krishna showed me the same name and the same traits. It's you! How interesting, right?" Mallika blabbered.

'Imaginary lover? With my name?' Sumedh thought and chuckled.

"Our first meet at the coffee shop-" Mallika was interrupted by Sumedh.

"Who said that our first meet was at the coffee shop?" Sumedh smirked.

"Huh? Then where?" Mallika sat up straight although she feels drowsy.

"At the Holi festival!" Sumedh stood and turned his back towards Mallika. He is face went crimson thinking about their first meet.

"Holi festival? How?" Mallika also stood up and walked towards him.

"Do you remember the guy you bumped into? Covered with the colors of love! Do you remember fa..." Before he complete his sentence, he sensed Mallika's presence behind him and turned around. Fortunately, he saw that she was about to trip and fall due to drowsiness. He quickly held her by her waist, with another hand holding her palm for support.

"Do you remember falling into that guy's arm? Just like this! It was me!" Sumedh said. Mallika's eyes lit up. She scanned his eyes and realized that this pair of hazel eyes is what she saw at the Holi festival. Mallika nods her head with a soft smile. Sumedh gently put her down and sat next to her. He insert his right hand into his pocket and took out her anklet.

"That is.."

"Yes, your anklet!" Sumedh said as he touched Mallika's foot. His touch sent shivers down her and made her toes curl. Sumedh took her foot and placed it on his thigh. He fixed the anklet on her leg and smiled staring at her feet. Carried away by the silent and calm surroundings, Sumedh lean down and kissed the bridge of her foot, to which Mallika flinched. Realizing what he did, Sumedh arched backward. He apologized to her, and they both went silent for a nano minute. Sumedh cursed himself for behaving like that thinking that Mallika is upset with him.

Sudden of all, Mallika burst into laughter. "You thought I was angry? Silly fellow! I was just surprised!" Mallika laughed while slapping his shoulder. Sumedh confirmed that he is not in her state. Sumedh was relieved that she wasn't offended.

"I'm sorry for returning your anklet late. I just wanted to tease you that I know face reading. But the truth is, I don't know any kind of face reading or mind reading. I knew that because the guy who you blamed for ruining the library's bookshelves is none other than this poor friend of you!!" Sumedh said.

"So you don't know face reading? You liar! Cheat!" Mallika threw candies at him.

"Ouch!" Sumedh begin to run to escape from her, but she chased him. At one point, both of them were panting hard that they randomly fall on the floor, laughing as if they would turn silent the next day onwards. Mallika went silent as she was adoring the laughing Sumedh. Neither did she see Sumedh's extremely laughing face, nor did some random not make her laugh this much. She crawled to Sumedh and fall on his lap. Sumedh froze out of ecstasy.

"I'm sorry for that library incident!" She said as her finger find their way to his cheek.

"Rasagulla!" She pinched his cheeks.

"Huh?" Sumedh asked in confusion.

"It's a nickname I gave you! Rasagulla. Look at your whitish cheeks. Round, cute, flawless, and addictive like Rasagulla. Anika and I gave you another nickname too. Confusion! You're often confused about your feelings, so we name you that!" Mallika chuckled. She got up from his lap and lean on his shoulder with Sumedh's help.

"You're really a dumbass Sumedh! You never put yourself first. A relationship that was forced by others will neither give you happiness nor it will last long. Marriage is a commitment that you can't change. It's a major point in your life. If you leave it to someone else, thinking they will get hurt, you will end up hurting yourself and them forever. I didn't know how to tell you this. I was afraid if I told you this, you would take me wrong that I'm crushing on you." Mallika said with her eyes half closed.

"So, you don't have a crush on me?" Sumedh asked as nervousness took charge in his heart.

"Crush? Dumbass! I literally love you, idiot!" Mallika shouted in his ears. Sumedh's tummy filled with invisible butterflies fluttering aggressively.

"Don't ask me why! Love doesn't come with a reason. Don't ask me when! I'm lost in the wheel of time. Don't ask me how! It's all in the hands of the Lord!" She said pointing to the dark sky, decorated by the waning moon and plenty of stars.

"My Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook saved messages have a separate folder just for you! The messages I want to convey this to you, but not knowing how. I titled it with your name's symbols, 𝓢ꮺ﹆⋆⊹⋈" Mallika giggled like a kid.

"But you! You don't understand me... I don't know and don't want to show off my love or my feelings for you on social media. I want it to be private until it's permanent. I don't want anyone to envy my relationship. Despite having feelings for you, I alw... I always think that I don't des..." Before she could finish, Mallika passed out.

"Mallika? Mallika Ji?" Sumedh tapped her cheeks gently but it seems like she has gone to deep slumber as the effect of the alcohol mixed with juice. Having no other choice, Sumedh scooped her in his arms and went downstairs. He make her sleep on his bed in his room and informed Anika about the incident. He cleared the terrace and slept on the couch in his living room. However, sleepiness was gone as Mallika's words were echoing in his mind. He hugged his pillow tightly, while his eyes fall on Mallika's sleeping figure through the opened door of his room.

"Goodnight, lov... Can I call you that yet? Am I falling in love?" Sumedh thought and smiled to himself.

Don't forget to

VOTE ✅
COMMENT ✅
SHARE ✅
FOLLOW MY IG: parmitha.writes❤️