CHAPTER 42

"Areyy, my head hurts from sneezing since the morning!" Sumedh was holding his head while still on the bed despite being afternoon.

On the other hand, Mallika was also having a cold and fever due to their last night's rain romance. However, she was pampered by her mother and her father. They made her soup, gave her tablets and applied balm to her forehead. But who will do all this to Sumedh?

Poor boy, he has no one. Oops! What did I say? Does he have no one? That one person is his everything. Wouldn't she come to pamper him? Of course, she will. And she did.

"Sumeaa... Aaachhuuu!" Mallika rubbed her nose while entering his house with some containers. Sumedh took tiny steps downstairs and saw her walking in weakly.

"Miku, why are you here? You had to take a rest na? You're not feeling well!" Sumedh said helping her in.

"Then, you're so good, is it? Look at you, your face looks like someone has splashed red paint on it." Mallika frowned.

"Ya, okay, but..."

"Shut up, I can't argue now. I'm tired. I've brought some hot chilli soup. Mumma says that this will help with the flu. I'm getting a little better this morning after drinking it. So come let me serve you." She made him sit at the dining table. Mallika fed him the soup with a spoon as he was fully wrapped in a duvet. After making him drink his soup, Mallika makes some ginger tea for both of them.

Sumellika shared the same duvet while taking a sip of the aromatic tea. Mallika stuffed tissues into her nose to control her runny nose. However, seeing her like that Sumedh was unable to control his laughter.

"What?" Mallika frowned. Sumedh shooked his head with a 'No' and kissed her forehead.

"I feel so tired!" Mallika said while stretching her arm in the air. Without saying a word, Sumedh got up and went towards the refrigerator. After spending some time searching for something, he came back with a container full of tablets. He took the paracetamol and gave it to Mallika after taking 2 pills for himself. They decided to watch a movie to distract themselves from the tiredness. While watching, Sumedh took Mallika's feet on his lap and gently massaged them. Mallika said nothing but looked at her caring lover. For once, she's been touched on the feet by a boy, nope. By a man! Her heart was warmed by the affection Sumedh showered on her and she feels like she holds a lifelong debt to him.

Mallika opened her arms wide, offering a hug to Sumedh. Sumedh smiled and crawled into her embrace and there, on her chest, he found peace while listening to her heartbeats. Mallika kissed his forehead and gave him a gentle head massage. Soon, they went into a deep slumber under the heavy and cosy duvet on the couch.

A couple of hours later, they woke up sweating. Only then they realised, their body temperature has dropped and their fever is gone except for the body ache. Sumellika lends hands to each other to clean the house before Mallika returns to her home. Suddenly, Mallika received a text from Ruby. Ruby asked Sumedh to come for dinner at their house as he isn't feeling well.

After completing their work, Sumellika went to Mallika's house where Ruby cooked some delicious pumpkin soup with fried mushrooms and mixed vegetables. Sumedh for the first time had his dinner with a huge family. Except for his heart burns to see Devesh at the same table.

"Sumedh beta.." Ruby called him. His heart soothes as someone referred to him as 'beta' all these years.

"Yes maa?"

"Next time you don't have to cook separately. I'll send food from our house. Don't strain yourself." Ruby said to which both Sumellika were surprised. Mallika knew her mother was a sweet one. But some days back, she was adamant about her priorities and ignored Mallika's wishes. But now again, she's back to normal. Mallika felt extremely happy to see Sumedh receiving much love from her family.

"Sure maa!" Sumedh didn't have the heart to deny her wish even for a formality. He yearned to be loved by a couple of parents. He yearned to live with a family. When he falls in love with Mallika, he thought he is only getting her as his life partner. But little did he know that she was bringing a whole big family into his life and of course the happiness, love and peace that he lost long ago.

Sumedh was trying to say something but he didn't know how to start. Shiva noticed it and asked him straight away.

"Is there something you want to tell, Sumedh? You seem like struggling to say something."

"Uhm.. actually uncle..."

"Just call me papa!" Shiva said while munching his food.

"Okay un.. oh, okay papa. Actually, I wanted to ask.. if ... Can I.. can we... Can I bring Mallika out tomorrow?" Sumedh asked.

"But you both have been out before. Why are you asking for permission suddenly?" Shiva chuckled.

"Yaa.. but I'm asking permission for a whole day. Before this, we went out but will come back in a few hours. But tomorrow I wanted to bring her out for a whole day. Is that okay papa?" Sumedh asked. Mallika had no idea what he was talking about. He informed nothing about this to her.

"But why.." Before Ruby could say anything, Pravin interrupted.

"Let them go! They are 26 years old. If not now, when will they go?" Pravin defended.

"You're defending because you did the same right?" Shiva teased Pravin to which Pravin and Sashi blushed.

"So, is it a yes?" Sumedh asked out of curiosity.

"Someone seems like he can't wait!" Sashi teased her.

"Fine! You can go. Have a nice day you both!" Ruby said.

"YES!" Sumedh whispered. Mallika was watching Sumedh keenly but didn't know what is he up to. Before leaving, Sumedh turned to Mallika.

"Miku, tomorrow, 8 am sharp. I'll be waiting for you." Sumedh said and headed out.

"Sumedh.." Mallika called him and Sumedh walked back towards her.

"Don't ask anything! Wait will tomorrow!" Saying this, Sumedh kissed her cheek and walked away. Mallika froze the way she was standing as he suddenly kissed her. She only came back to reality after Arjun barked at her.

"Oh! Well! Let's go!" Mallika was at the peak of confusion.

Well, do you have any idea of what Sumedh is up to?👀

Don't Forget To

VOTE✅
COMMENT✅
SHARE✅
FOLLOW MY IG: parmitha.writes❤️