CHAPTER 9

"What are you thinking about, Pravi?" Anika noticed Pravisht was calculating in the air.

"Guess what, buddy is kinda weird today!"

"What? Why?"

"I suspect he doesn't know face reading and just messing around Mallika. He doesn't believe in this kind of mind-reading, face-reading, and so on. Plus, he never does anything without letting me know. By the way, I wanted to ask you. Why did you and Mallika be dumbstruck when Sumedh introduced his name?"

"Well..." Anika sucked her inner cheeks.
"Remember, when we questioned Mallika at the Ilao Ilao Parlour about her imaginary lover and you weren't there? She actually said that he had also named her imaginary lover Sumedh. So, when we see a person in real life with that name, we both were surprised. You know, girl's things!" Anika chuckled.

"Ohhhooooooo! And that time, I was with Sumedh! What a coincidence" Pravisht smirked.

"Baby, I have an idea!" Pravisht whispered something in Anika's ear.

"No way! She would kill me for that!"

"Come on yaar! This is gonna be the best decision ever made by us and them!" Pravisht exclaimed.

"But I don't want to hurt her in any way!"

"You won't babe, trust me!" Pravi consoled her.

Sometime later, Anvisht came back to their table and saw their weirdo friends. While Sumedh was far asleep on the table, Mallika was randomly swiping her phone screen to avoid awkwardness.

Anika cleared her throat to bring their gain their attention.

"Hey, Hi!!" Sumedh said while sitting straight while Mallika glared at Anika for leaving her with a stranger who has her imaginary boyfriend's name.

"So, did you guys choose our engagement theme yet?" Pravisht asked.

"Yup, it's uh, purple. Anika, you'd be wearing a Palatinate coloured lehenga with light stonework." Mallika said.

"And for a buddy, you'd be wearing a Palatinate shirt as well but with a rose gold overcoat," Sumedh said handing his phone to show them how they estimated their attire would be.

"For the decorations, we planned for a no balloon deco, only diya's and purple flowers. This will make your engagement looks rich even with a low budget as the diyas would make the night look royal and sacred." Mallika continued and looked at Sumedh to continue.

"And, yaa, your guests' theme colour is lavender purple whereas the important family members of yours will be dressed in plum purple. This will make the people who make your big day special stand out. And for the food, I guess it's better for your family members to choose. We're happy as long as we have FOOD TO EAT!" Sumedh grinned sheepishly. Manvisht laughed at his antics. Mallika laughs at every little joke that he cracks, yet doesn't dare to look at him for more than 3 seconds.

"Jokes aside, so when are you both going to purchase your plum purple clothes?" Pravisht asked.

"What? No! Plum purple is for fam-" Before Mallika could finish, Anika interrupted.

"Then who the hell are you? You're my family too bro! And Sumedh, you too" Anika rolled her eyes, melting Mallika's heart. Sumedh's lips reflected a cute little smile as he adored Manika's friendship.

 Sumedh's lips reflected a cute little smile as he adored Manika's friendship