CHAPTER 10

"Haan Aaja Chhore, Haan Aaja Gore, Haan Aaja Chhore, Naacho Naacho Naacho Naacho, Naacho Naacho Veere Naacho" Mallika was vibing at the park near her clinic while waiting for Pravisht. By God's grace, this time Anvisht &. Ananya arrived at the right time. Mallika kept her phone in her pocket and opened the left-side passenger seat door.

She was puzzled seeing Anika and Ananya sitting in the back seat, as Anika always sits in the front seat. Mallika turned her gaze to the front seat and saw a figure belonging to a young man sitting. Just by looking at those curls, Mallika knew who it was. Her eyes instantly widen and turned towards Anika.

"It wasn't my plan. Trust me, I've no idea he's coming! It's all Pravisht's plan. I'm innocent in this case." Anika said with puppy eyes. Her cheeks started to heat up. She sat in the car without saying anything.

"Namaste!" Pravisht greeted her.

"Namaste.." Mallika replied.

"Namaste ji!" Sumedh greeted her but she did not hear.

"Mallika, what is this behavior? Sumedh greeted you but you didn't reply?"

"Huh? Oh? Uhm.. Namaste!" Mallika said in low voice. Anika and Ananya chuckled at her antics.

As soon as Mallika hears the song, she begins to sing and dance despite who was in the car.

"Oi, Soni Kithi Soni Aaj Tu Lagdi Weh
Bas Mera Saath Yeh Jodi Teri Sajdi Weh
Roop Esa Suhana Tera Chand Bhi Deewaana Tera...." Mallika was dancing until she saw Anika looking at her in astonishment.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I thought you wouldn't vibe today as Sumedh is here. But it's okay? I see improvement!" Anika smirked.

"No one can stop me from vibing for songs!" Mallika winked.

"This song is the best for dancers. Anika, I think you and Pravisht should dance to this song. Along with you guys, Mallika and Sumedh should too!" Ananya said. Mallika glared at Ananya.

"I mean you can dance as friends too na?" Ananya said.

"Better!" Mallika said in a fake warning tone.

HIKING SPOT

HIKING SPOT

All five friends were horrified looking at the hiking spot. It was so quiet and no one is there except for them. Plus, it's a thick forest with a slippery mud path. Mallika was flashbacking about how she slipped and fell during their last hiking.

"Let's get started!" Pravisht said. They all walked in the forest while chit-chatting. So far so good, until the path becomes smaller and slipperier. Mallika was careful to not repeat her previous embarrassment. She took small and tiny steps in her inappropriate sports shoe. As the path gets steeper, Mallika was afraid and almost gave up on walking further.

"Oiii Sumedh! Protect my friend!" Pravisht screamed from the top.

"What should I do?" He asked in confusion.

"Huh? Carry her in your arms!" He mocked her.

"WHAT?" Sumellika said in unison.

"Then what? You're a man! Stand behind her and lend your hand if she needs it!" Anika rolled her eyes.

"Ooh okay!" He said.

"You can hold my hands if you are scared!" Sumedh said politely.

"Awwwww sweet! But he didn't do it by himself, Pravisht taught him!" Mallika thought.

"No that's fine, I'm good!" Mallika refused his offer.

"Mallika, you better get his support, you seem like fall down anytime!" Anika said. Even Pravisht asked her to hold but she didn't. She barely touches a man even if an emergency for her. Sumedh understood that she was uncomfortable, so he took a long and strong stick. He held it from the front and said to Mallika, "Hold it at the back tightly with both your hands. Never leave it. I'll bring you safely!"

"Awwww, now this is really his idea. Gentleman, he seems to be!" Mallika thought. She held the stick and begin to walk with him. She felt that he will save her no matter what. After a long hike, they finally reached the hilltop. They rested for a while on the rock. Anika discovered some charcoal pieces around. She took a piece of it and begin to carve their names on a rock. She wrote her name below Pravisht's name, followed by Mallika's and Ananya's.

"Where should I write Sumedh's name? There's not enough space here!" Anika frowned.

"You can write his name next to Mallika's!" Pravisht teased. But there wasn't enough space, so she wrote it next to Ananya's name.

On another rock, Anika wrote 'I Love You'.

"Awww, so sweet love, I love you too Jaan!" Pravisht said.

"Don't overreact. It wasn't for you. I'm just confused about which initial to write here! Mallika, give me any idea!"

"The best would be 'P'!" Mallika winked.

"I think you should write 'M'!" Sumedh said casually while wiping off his sweat beads with his towel. All 4 pairs of eyes turned towards Sumedh. Sumedh just realized what he bluttered.

"No! I mean.. it isn't what you think!" He said in tense. No one seems to believe him. Mallika was just side-eyeing him with full awkwardness in her mind and slight butterflies in her heart. Little did she know he actually didn't mean her.

Sumedh looked at Pravisht helplessly and he understood who he actually meant.

"Ohh.. uhm.. Ya, no offense, he didn't mean you Mallika, don't worry." Pravisht sentence for no reason brought confusion and jealousy in her. After spending around half an hour, they begin to go down. Anvisht were walking in front, followed by Ananya and then Sumellika. Sumedh was walking behind Mallika throughout their journey to make sure to give her support.

At one point, where everyone has to use the rope to get down, Mallika refuses to use their technique. She was calculating her own way to get down which almost pissed off everyone as she was taking her own sweet time to form her route. Pravisht, Anika, Ananya, and Sumedh were begging her to use the rope but she was stubborn to listen to them.

"Sister, please get down using the rope, we would let you fall! Trust us!" Sumedh said to Mallika to which Anvisht burst into laughter. Mallika raised her eyebrows when he called her 'sister'. But Mallika who holds a Ph.D. in mocking others mocked him too.

"Brother! Don't worry brother. I'll use my own ways to get down. You trust me, BROTHER!" She purposely pressed the word brother. Again Anvisht were awed whereas Sumedh was slightly embarrassed. Finally, Mallika found her way and ran down the steep with tiny steps.

"Baby penguin!" Sumedh thought and chuckled. They proceeded to walk back to the entrance. While being careful with her steps, Mallika didn't realize that she was taking a long time to walk. Everyone left her and walked in front except for this one person who bares with her long and slow movement.

"He must be really patient!" Mallika thought. When Anvisht turned to check on Mallika, they saw how cutely Sumellika were walking together.

"They are really sweet!" Anvisht said in unison. Indeed they are❤️

Hiking Story To be continued...

Don't forget to

VOTE ✅
COMMENT ✅
SHARE ❤️