pasta with sauce

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

dream stood outside george's room for almost fifteen minutes- hesitating. it took a lot of courage, but he eventually knocked.

"yeah?"

dream took one last deep breath, pushing the door open with shaky hands, "can i talk to you?"

"yeah, what's up?" george answered simply, not looking up from his phone.

dream pushed the door shut, standing awkwardly at the edge of george's room, "well uh, you've been avoiding me for the last few days," he shrugged, shuffling on the spot, "i just wanted to see how you were."

"i'm fine."

"i'm sorry," dream sighed, "i never meant to upset you."

"you didn't, don't worry about it," george shrugged, "it was just a bit weird."

"i know, i know, i wasn't thinking when i said it," dream spoke quickly, "i just thought it would make you laugh, you know, cheer you up? i didn't think you would actually say y-"

"let's not talk about it, dream," george interrupted, looking up at dream with a weak smile.

"okay, sorry." george looked back at his phone and an awkward silence settled back over the pair. "so," dream started, "how has your homesickness been?"

"uhm, not great," george answered honestly, "but i called my mum for a few hours after she woke up, so that was good."

"i can't imagine how hard it is to like, move that far."

"it's not really that bad," he shrugged, "i'm just dramatic."

"that's not true."

"it is. but it's okay, i think going to stay with my cousins will help."

"oh, i was meant to ask about that," dream spoke, moving to sit at the end of the brunette's bed, "how are you getting there?"

"one of them is coming to pick me up," george answered.

"wow, that's a long drive," dream pointed out, raising his eyebrows in surprise.

"well, clearly i'm the favourite," george joked, earning himself a small laugh from the blond. "i do feel a bit bad that i'm leaving after literally only being here for a week," he admitted.

"oh, don't worry about that, george," dream quickly dismissed, "i felt bad that me and bad are leaving for a few days but really we'll be back asap and then we'll have the rest of our lives."

"yeah, that's true," george giggled.

"speaking of being together," dream chirped, getting off of the bed and offering george a hand, "do you want to come down and help me cook dinner?" he asked, "now that i know you don't hate me."