red means i love you

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

the house had been quiet all day.

everyone had heard george being sick yesterday, it was hard not to with the way he was sobbing- regardless, the whole house seemed to have come to a silent agreement to stay out of the way.

punz hadn't spoken to anyone. for hours the only movement he heard was quackity and bad going downstairs. he presumed they were going to cook and was proven right when quackity knocked on his door not long later with food.

he flushed it down the toilet, he wasn't hungry.

most of his day was spent editing, which seems like it would be productive, but when you have no motivation it ends up being worse than when you started.

it's around nine in the evening when punz shuts down his editing software, flopping down on his bed and turning to his phone for entertainment.

twitter was, as always, problematic- not what he wanted in that moment. he'd already watched everything on netflix. youtube was as dry as the sahara. and, let's be honest, no one really liked instagram in the first place. so, like any normal person, punz ended up to tiktok.

he scrolled aimlessly for about an hour before stumbling across a video that read, "TW! things they don't tell you about sh:" punz was interested, not for any horribly morbid reason, but simply because he wasn't sure what sh stood for.

he waited for the base to drop before the words, "once you start cutting you can never stop. it's addicting." popped up on his screen.

oh, right.

within context, he quickly understands the meaning of sh.

he can't help but think the post is an exaggeration- it can't be that hard to just... stop, can it?

he swipes to their account, clicking on their most recent video. it's a response to a comment reading, "ppl who sh are just attention seeking lmao." the creator had replied with a text-to-speech video, the robotic voice reading off the words like it was nothing, "people who say stuff like that do not understand what they are talking about. sh is a relief and a coping mechanism for so many people who are too scared to speak out. it's an escape from mental pain that gives people an outlet to finally feel good again. i'm not trying to romanticise it- sh is the worst thing, it's awful and you should get help if you are considering, or do, sh. but people need to stop being so rude and invalidating other people's ways of coping."

punz reads the words over a few times, pausing the video so the audio stopped.

"an escape."

that's what he'd been looking for.

punz pushed himself out of bed, casually going to his bathroom and getting a razor out of his spare pack.

he wasn't really sure what the fuss was about- he just wanted to know what it was like.

he stands over the sink, bringing the blade down to the back of his hand and dragging a line across, just below his thumb.