nobody

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

when punz wakes up, karl is already gone.

the blond is sweating from wearing a hoodie under the duvet in the florida heat, and his left forearm feels like it's on fire.

punz gets out of bed and makes his way to the bathroom, locking the door before taking off his hoodie to check his arm.

the cuts look worse than before, they were redder around the edges and seemed more swollen- likely a result of where they'd rubbed on his sleeve.

the first one he'd done- the small white one on the back of his hand- already looked like it's almost gone, though that may just be in comparison to the others.

regardless, its absence is unsettling, punz feels weird with it going, he doesn't like it.

the cut felt like it was part of his story, it represented his feelings.

he was still sad, so the cut should still be there.

punz's mind blurs over with the confusion of his emotions and, almost without thinking, he takes a fresh blade out of his cabinet.

it doesn't make much sense, cause he isn't really sad in the moment. sure, he's disappointed karl left but he sort of expected it. yet, even without a nagging sadness, he still had a relentless urge to go over the cut- to make sure it stayed.

so he did.

he had to go over it a few times before it properly bled, and even then he cut again through the red just to ensure it would stay a bit longer.

punz quickly rinsed his hand and the blade, putting the small piece of metal away and getting out a band-aid.

he didn't really want to cover the cut, something about it was grounding, but he knew the red line wouldn't go unnoticed, so he covered it and spent a few moments thinking up a valid excuse for what happened- in case someone asked.

spoiler alert, nobody asked.

when punz made it down to the kitchen, everyone except bad was sat around the island eating either cereal or fruit. the ceiling fan was on and all his friends were in t-shirts or vests.

nobody said anything about punz's hoodie.

he decided to skip breakfast.

nobody noticed.

when bad came down for breakfast (after everyone else, which was unusual in itself) he seemed abnormally skittish. it wasn't in a worrying way, so the group ignored it.

well, everyone except quackity.

the ravenette noticed bad's strange vibe immediately, quickly messaging him to ask if he was alright.