19

"Mommy." Ssiah walked over to me, hitting my thigh.

"What I say bout hittin?" I picked him up, sittin him on my lap.

Me, Antonio, Red and my Social worker were talking about what to do with Red. There was no missin person's report with her name on it, no none of that. Shouldn't schools report this shit when she been missin for a certain number of days from school?

"Until we figure this out, she can stay here since this house is registered as a foster home and has extra space." My social worker stood up.

"I'll try to find her birth certificate and social security card, hopefully something pops up." She left, I sighed, holding Ssiah cuss this shit wasn't addin up. Forget it, ain't no use stressing bout it. She's in a safe spot now and that's all that matters.

"You gone stay with Antonio for a bit until we figure this out. He good people and he ain't gone hurt you, if he does just tell Leslie. She'll fuck him up." She laughed, nodding.

"Gimme me my god son while you shit talkin and gone back home." Antonio reached for Ssiah, who jumped straight outta my hand and into his.

"That's how you do me?"

"Raise hell mommy." I chuckled, kissin his cheek before leaving.

"Are you gone come back?" Red asked me at the door.

"Yes. I'll be back in a couple days, don't get into too much trouble while I'm gone."

"Okay." She sounded relieved but looked sad, like she ain't want me to leave.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow so we can go grab you some clothes, takin yall out to eat. How that sound?" She smiled and nodded. I smiled back, huggin her before leaving.

{}

"Dimitri?" I called out to him, goin in his house. He had called me over for some reason, now that I'm here he ain't even comin out to say hello?

Going to the kitchen, I put my stuff on the table then grabbed me somethin to drink. It was dark as hell in here. Turnin on the stove light, I almost shit my self.

"Relax ma, we ain't mean to scare you." There was 3 big ass dudes here; how they even get in?

"The fuck y'all doin here? Where Dimitri?" I looked around, he wasn't even here.

"Relax. We just wanna talk." The one in the middle said, takin out his gun. Takin mines out, I pointed both of them at these muthafuckas.

"Easy baby, easy. We just wanna talk." I chuckled.

"Why you pulled out yo gun then?" He put his on the table.

"Put y'all shit away, can't be scarin her like that." They put theirs away, I put one away and held the otha in my hand.

"What y'all doin in here man?" I asked, leaned up against the counter.

"Word is you and yo Nigga done found something that belong to me. I came to get it back."

"What is you talkin bout?" I don't remember takin or findin shit that was anybodys.

"Red head girl. Bought this big." Red? What he mean she belong to him.

"I see the bells ringin. She belong to me, and I want her back."