23

"You ain't gotta stand there and stare at me." I told Lo, putting my shit in the trunk of the car he gave me. I know for a fact it had a tracker and some bugs in it.

"Gotta make sure you don't try nothing." After shutting the trunk, I looked over at Red who was looking at me from the porch with Dimitri. Going over to Lo, I stood staring up at him. I wanted to make sure he understand the words I was bout to say.

"You see that lil girl ova there. I did this for her, I wouldn't do shit to put her in danger."

"I can see that, despite you not knowing shit bout her to begin with." He chuckled, staring down at me.

"If you so much as have one of you people breathe near ha', I won't hesitate to kill you." I pointed my gun at him, dead serious cuss I will end this Nigga if it means keepin Red, Messiah and myself safe.

"I'm a man of my word. Now it's time for you to keep yours." I put my gun away and got in the car. Looking at Red and Dimitri, they looked like some abandoned kids that was left on the side of the road. Waving at them, I cranked up the car and started the drive to Chicago.

My kid is with my dad in a whole different part of New York, by the time I get back to him he's gonna be a big boy. Red is gone be 14-15 when I get finished, she'll at least be able to have a normal life after all this. Jakayla will have gotten big too. Imma miss this place but I gotta let that shit go. Like Antonio said, i gotta have a clear head when I take down this whole organization.

{}

"This gone be yo spot." Lo showed me to the new place he got for me. It was a small, one bedroom house in a run down part of town. Looking around, I went towards the kitchen and started looking for bugs.

"I didn't bug yo spot." He sat down at the table, kicking his feet up.

"But you bugged the car though." I side eyed him, still looking.

"As a precaution."I chuckled cuss he was contradicting himself. You bug the car but not the house. Gotta be stupid to believe that. Grabbing a chair, I stood on it as I reached for the light 'bowl'. Turning it out of its socket, I got down and looked inside.

"Really?" I grabbed the microphone and put it on the table.

"I neva said I didn't put microphones in yo crib." He shrugged, getting up and coming ova to me.

"There's no cameras in here to spy on you, quit being paranoid and get some rest. You start work tonight." He smiled, leaving the house and shutting and locking the door behind him.

I couldn't do nothing but laugh. Not only did he bug the house and the car, he got the keys to the place, so he can enter and exit as he please. He just let me know that I got no control in this game no matter what I do. He's the king and I'm just a pawn he can use and dispose of at his will.

After getting packed up, I grabbed the burner phone I had and went outside, taking a walk around the neighborhood while I called my dad.

"Hello?"

"Hey dad." I know it's been a few days since I sent them away but I missed my dad and my kid.

"Hey Lisa. How you hanging?" He asked, sounding relieved that it was me.

"I'm in Chicago. It's kinda cold right now." He chuckled a bit.

"Besides the cold, how you been?"

"I miss you and messiah. Got eyes and ears on me at all times though." I kept walking in no direction, finding a small park nearby. It looked old and abandoned.

"Keep yo head up Lisa. Don't let them get you down. Aight."

"Okay. Is messiah sleep?" I asked, sitting at the swings, missing my kid.

"I'm getting him ready for bed now, he been pouting all day."

"Is that mommy?" I heard Ssiah in the background.

"Yeah, here."

"Hi mommy." Ssiah sounded sleepy but happy.

"Hey Ssiah. How you been?" I asked him, hoping he was liking his new school and the house.

"I been good. I go to new school and have a big room."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. And grandpa took me to the park and we played in the swings." He sounded so happy and excited about everything.

"Im glad your having fun. I want you to be a good boy for grandpa okay, and remember mommy loves you so much baby. Okay?"

"I love you too mommy."