5

Ryujin found herself sitting alone at one of the tables in the middle of the formal gathering, while her mother was dealing to her own business meeting some people in her work. Ryujin was dressed elegantly in her white feminine suit, which made her appear cool and captivating. Even though she was alone, it was preferable rather than to meeting other older people in whom she had no interest.

She was already aware that her mother works for Choi Enterprise, but it was only recently that she realized the Choi was referring to Lia's parents.

As a result, instead of feeling bored, she now feels more nervous. Imagine the irony of the popular girl's parent working under the parents of the school's student prefect of discipline. Though it's nothing to be ashamed of that Ryujin's mother works for the parents of one of her students, it's just unexpected, especially because it's Lia.

Although Ryujin had no expectations, she could imagine Lia being present at the same occasion because she is the daughter of the company's CEO. And, just as she had thought, she spotted the beautiful woman, dressed magnificently in a red robe, standing close to the stairwell. Lia appeared to be ethereal for the first time, and Ryujin had never seen her in that light before.

Ryujin is certain she dropped her jaw as she stared at the girl.

Despite her reservations about approaching the girl, she proceeded to approach her and sighed uneasily as she got closer.

Ryujin approached Lia, bringing her attention to her. "I admit, you look incredibly elegant today," Ryujin said. "However, you appear to be lonely."

"What are you doing?" Lia responded, hand on her chest as she was surprised to see the blonde girl beside her.

"Uhm, I didn't do anything.." The perplexed blonde responded, although she knew why Lia said that because she was purely shocked.

"You scared me." Lia sighed, brushing off her gaze from Ryujin despite the fact that she had already seen how attractive Ryujin looks in her look today which somehow amazed Lia.

One thing she liked about Ryujin is how much she knows her style and how she should dress herself to suit her look in the occasion.

"I just wanted to say hi," Ryujin mumbled, tucking her hands in her pocket. "and give a compliment."

"Well, thanks." Lia did felt flattered, but tried her best not to show it. "You don't look bad yourself."

Ryujin chuckled. Now that Lia is in the same room as her, she believes she can dismiss her boredom and be entertained by her, or that she will be the one to entertain the girl.

"Are you all by yourself?" The blonde questioned, trying to start real conversation.

"Obviously,"

Ryujin chuckled, amused by Lia's behavior. It's simply been bizarre to her to watch the girl she used to know as the sweetest behaving in such a snarky manner.

"No need to give my that attitude." Ryujin softly said. "Can we just.. try to get along today?"

Lia raised an eyebrow in reluctance as she stared at her, and it was there that she got the opportunity to make longer and closer eye contact with Ryujin for the first time.

"I won't make any trouble I promise, especially not here, with my parent, so you also don't have to worry about getting into trouble." Ryujin uttered out, speaking up about what she assumed that had concerned Lia.

"We'll just talk, that's all. I'm sure you aren't the type of person who enjoys this kind of event, it's for the seniors. So why don't we entertain ourselves instead?"