11

Ryujin sat with her jaw dropped, her gaze fixed on the person in front of her. She never imagined it could happen. Ryujin was completely unaware of what was about to happen.

Yeji, like her, is a traveler, and she had no idea or signs about it.

Ryujin had no idea how, when, or why Yeji had shifted into the same world like her, and she'll have to figure it out if Yeji knows.

The cat-eyed girl was now obvious in her flowing dark hair, which emphasized her already exquisite and fierce appearance. Yeji looked amazing in her orange hair, but she looked more graceful and ethereal in raven hair at this moment.

"Yeddeong..." Ryujin said when she finally recognized the woman, the girl she had met when she was younger in her home world. She hasn't spoken that name in a long time.

The woman was unable to sleep after reading the letters Yeji left last night because her head was filled with questions and confusions. It was a major discovery she had not anticipated. She's been too stupid to notice such things all these time.

She had so many questions and confusions in her head that needed to be answered, but Ryujin eventually joined the dots after merely staring up at the ceiling and thinking about everything.

Ryujin got goosebumps when Yeji penned those familiar names on the notes. She remembered Yeji and her, making up such nicknames when they were younger, but it had been a very long time ago, and it was especially from the original world. She only remembered meeting the cat-eyed girl in Dal universe, her home universe, when she was younger. And knowing that Yeji could recall their conversation, she could only come to one conclusion.

That simply proves that Yeji is from the same home universe as she is. Is it possible that Yeji, like Ryujin, crossed over into another universe?

How could she have missed anything that would indicate Yeji is also in disguise? Most importantly, how did Yeji know Ryujin was also wearing a disguise? Was she really so awful at hiding her true identity?

"So I wasn't wrong. All this time, Ryujin, I wasn't alone suffering through this situation," Yeji said quietly as she stared carefully at Ryujin, who appeared perplexed and still. "Is that really you, the little girl I met many years ago, back in my home world?"

Ryujin swallowed and said, "Surely that's me."

"I'm glad I found you," Yeji said, "...despite the fact that I didn't expect we'd be reunited in this way."

Of course, she sought for Ryujin at the time. She wished to meet Ryujin again one day. She was her childhood friend, school buddy, and the girl that annoys her but also makes her day at the same time, but Yeji was never given the opportunity to do so because she was sent away after two years.

"But how? How did you know it was me? How did you know about my secret?"

"I told you, I read your journal by chance," Yeji responded.

True, Ryujin's notes are already enough evidence for Yeji to assume she is a multiverse traveler.

Reading her notes, Ryujin would scrawl a topic about how much she misses her home world, and she would jot down most of the events of the day.

"I was hoping it was conceivable that it wasn't only me who came here, but I never expected you to be the same," Ryujin whispered, still overwhelmed but trying her hardest to process everything.

"Neither did I," Yeji says.

"But.. how? How did you get here? Why did this happen? Why is this happening to us, unnie?" Ryujin questioned, this time wanting to know the specific reason why this supernatural phenomenon was happening to them, for she couldn't think of any other reason.