20

Ryujin managed to attend school after two days, and she was glad that she was finally able to see some faces she missed seeing because of being confined to her room because she was sick. Luckily, Chaeryeong was clearly safe and didn't catch the sickness from her.

She noticed how Yeji and Chaeryeong had also gotten closer than they already were after the revelation they had made two days ago, which made Chaeryeong cry a lot, and it took her a while to calm down and eventually cope, and she promised the two that she would keep the secret and that no one else had to know, not even Yuna, Lia, or anyone else, because this secret is not just something easy to say out.

Ryujin and Yeji couldn't be more grateful than to have a person like Chaeryeong that existed in the Byeol universe who they could actually rely on and wish that people like her could've existed in their own home world.

Ryujin was grateful that Yuna and Chaeryeong had come early to pick her up. Finally, she can attend school again in two days. Since Yuna wasn't able to visit Ryujin those times that the woman was sick, she offered to drive her on the way to school as her way of making it up to Ryujin.

Ryujin didn't know that Yuna drives a car already, she thought that the woman was still too young for it, but since Chaeryeong told her about it when they picked her up earlier today, it helped Ryujin to pretend as if she already knew that their youngest knows how to drive and that she already has a license.

"Thank you so much, Yuna. You're the best." Ryujin uttered, smiling at Yuna through the woman's reflection in the mirror.

"I told you I'd make it up to you, unnie." Yuna suggestively said, smiling back at her. "But you're sure you don't have mono now, right? I really don't want to catch the virus."

Ryujin just smirked, as if teasing the woman. "Don't worry, you're safe. Chaeryeong didn't even get it. See?"

"You better be cautious next time, though." Chaeryeong spoke, glaring at Ryujin from behind. "You never knew when or where you'd catch the virus again. And avoid doing some reckless activities sometimes, Ryujin."

Ryujin grew red because of her friend's words, but she didn't say anything anymore. She didn't even react to avoid getting teased by her friends. Even though she didn't mention to Chaeryeong what actually happened to her and Yeji last time over Yeji's place, she already knew Chaeryeong had the idea, but the girl also didn't say anything, so she wouldn't make Ryujin feel uncomfortable.

The girls walked together in the halls of the school on their own ways to their classes. Yuna bids goodbye to them because she's most likely going into a different building while Ryujin and Chaeryeong are in the same building.

Later on, Ryujin and Chaeryeong also bid goodbye to each other after Chaeryeong found her own class.

The class went through smoothly as usual. Ryujin wished that the four-hour class would finally end so she could have a break. Although the class was boring for Ryujin, she still managed to stand out, not failing to amaze her classmates and other acquaintances that had grown accustomed to the new version of herself and had completely forgotten that Ryujin used to be a jerk.

Time went fast and Ryujin was already on her way to the food haul. She already noted to the girls that she wouldn't meet them during break, so they didn't have to wait for her and Chaeryeong and Yuna could spend their time together alone.

Ryujin arrived at the rooftop with two ice cream yogurts in her hand.

There she already saw Yeji's familiar figure, sitting in her usual spot, and Ryujin couldn't help but smile. Even though Yeji didn't mention that she's climbing up to the rooftop that time, Ryujin was able to find her because of her instinct.