6

"I was told that the vast majority of people here believe in mysterious numerous timelines and universes."

"And what brought you here?"

"For I am... a researcher," Ryujin pretended to identify herself as a student researching many universe and multiple timeline beliefs.

"I'm conducting study into this belief, and I'd be grateful if you could help me, sir."

The old man hummed, his gaze fixed on Ryujin. "I get a weird feeling about you."

Ryujin became particularly worried. "A-About me?"

"Come in, and let's figure out what you'll need for that... research."

Last night, Ryujin asked of Chaeryeong about a place or person who could be able to assist her with her issue. She wanted to know whether there was anyone or anything who could enlighten her about shifting in the multiverse, how it may happen, and if there was any way she might return to her own universe.

Even if Chaeryeong was skeptical of what she learnt about such things, she told Ryujin that she used to know a place and a group of individuals who were known for their belief in such things.

Ryujin promptly found herself in the location described by Chaeryeong the next day after taking note of the information.

After settling in, the old guy offered Ryujin some tea before commencing a conversation on Ryujin's concerns, which began with the girl inquiring about the man's confusions.

"A soul has the ability to shift from one dimension to another."

"Really? May I ask how do you believe they accomplish that?" Ryujin inquired, taking careful notes on everything the man said.

"A soul can shift into an other universe in a variety of ways, including ritual and most commonly dreaming and waking up in another world."

Ryujin's pupils dilated. She remembered the man telling her something that was linked to what had happened to her. She just knew she was in another universe one day when she awoke.

"I- So you mean, if a soul travels to another realm, it's all just a dream?" the girl clarified.

"As is widely accepted."

"Can the soul return to their real world by waking up once the dream ends?" Ryujin wondered.

Nod from the gentleman. "Once the soul awakens to its own universe, it can only believe that it has been dreaming for so long."

"So, when they wake up, they won't recall anything that happened during the time they switched to another world and assume that everything was just a dream?" Ryujin wonders.

The elderly gentleman nodded. "You're way too smart to link everything; it's possible that a soul would wake up and recall everything, but most souls will believe it's just a vivid dream."

Ryujin merely smiled, although she was perplexed on the inside.

Is it possible that this is all a dream? What if Ryujin forgets everything and just assumes she had a vivid dream when she wakes up? And how can she know whether it's all a dream if she's been there for so long?

"Another question, sir. How will a soul ever return to reality if it shifts to a different world?"

The man responded, "There must have been an uncommon event."

Ryujin murmured, "Rare event..."

"A soul that changes into another realm has a purpose in that world," the man continued.