14

Christmas is a few days away, and it's been 3 days since Yeji last saw Ryujin, or so she talked to her. Yeji was so confused up until recently because Ryujin hadn't reached out to her after she walked in front of her house. She noticed that the day Ryujin left, something was off. But Yeji never thought that it would last for the next few days because she found no reason for Ryujin to be that upset. Although she knows that something did upset Ryujin after that day, because that's the last time she heard from the woman.

The following day, she attempted to text Ryujin to see how she was doing. She once asked the woman how she was doing, but Ryujin didn't respond. Although initially it didn't bother Yeji. The following day, she tried to ask Ryujin if they could hang out or just talk, but she received no response. This time, Ryujin's silence worried and bothered her, and she began to wonder what she had done to cause her to be so upset and avoid her.

Yeji felt a little upset too, for she thought Ryujin didn't want to waste the time not being able to spend it with Yeji because she wanted them to take a look after each other, but right now, it confused her because Ryujin is nowhere.

"Have you talked to Ryujin?" Yeji asked, taking a seat at one of the tables in their shop.

"Actually no. I was waiting for her to text me first since I wanted her to initiate what we could do during the holiday. But I still got no notification from her after she only told me the three of us would hang out together." Lia mumbled as she took a sip of the tea Yeji had offered her.

"Strange.."

"Why? Does it bother you not to hear from her for a while?" Lia asked, teasingly smiling at Yeji. "Do you miss her now? I thought you didn't like her presence."

"Shut up Choi Lia." Yeji rolled her eyes off playfully, making Lia laugh, only for her eyes to disappear as she smiled.

The two had grown closer as well, just as much as the other girls had grown even closer to each other, and Yeji was glad to be able to get along with Lia. She had realized how much they had some sort of common ground that only two of them could understand. And one of the probable reasons why they've gone closer is the teasing they do to each other.

Yeji murmured, pouting as she looked at the last message she had sent to Ryujin on her phone. "I just know she's always the one who would reach out to all of us. It's been three days and we still haven't heard from her. So I think it's not something typical for Ryujin."

"Maybe she's just managing something on her own for a while. She'll be back when everything is fine." Lia reassured Yeji, who appeared concerned.

Yeji could be relieved if she chose to believe Lia. But she knows it's not just something that's easy to deal with. Yeji knows Ryujin. In the very situation they're in, only her and Ryujin could understand each other. So she knows Ryujin better than anyone else. And she would know what could be the possible reason why Ryujin's been off these days.

"I hope so." Yeji mumbled, trying not to say anything else.

"Are you okay?" Lia asked, concerned as she could really notice the worry in Yeji's face. "Does it bother you that much?"

"I-Well... Of course, because she's our friend." Yeji mumbled. "I don't want her to think we're only nice to her because she's friends with our best friends and that we're only nice when Chaeryeong or Yuna is around. Now that they're both away, we won't reach out to Ryujin."

Yeji felt horrible for coming up with that alibi, but she thought it would be the best thing to say rather than to admit she's actually starting to get affected whenever Ryujin is upset or not around.

"I don't think they would think that way. You're over thinking it, Yeji. Relax, and Ryujin will be fine too." Lia said softly as she smiled at Yeji.

Yeji smiled at the girl. Lia's soothing smile helped her feel at ease for some reason. She probably thinks that's the reason she now believes that Lia is the sunshine among the five of them.