Chapter 21 Black Out

Y/N's POV

It was late and you were hanging out with the other members of the drama club. You felt a little uncomfortable. For some reason Juno has watching you and Legoshi for awhile now. Is something wrong? Dom walks up. "Alright let's go back to school." He announces. "It's so late, is Louis is already gone?" He asks. "Dom, how do you have so much energy?" Fudge the red panda asks.

Juno walks up to the group. "Excuse me art department friends." Juno says. "Oh hey Juno." Fudge says. "Thanks for your patience. The actors team is ready to leave to." Juno announces. "Legoshi, the rehearsal went really well today. It was all thanks to you. I'm very grateful." Juno says. Everyone turns their heads towards Legoshi. What does she mean by that? "No, uh, you're the one we should thank." Legoshi says. Juno looks almost disappointed by his response. Legoshi gets up. "Alright let's head back." He says. Everyone gets up and starts to walk off. Juno stops Legoshi. "Uh... so.. I see that the meteor is already finished." Juno says. "Huh? Yeah you're right." Legoshi says. They both stare at the meteor. Juno walk up next to Legoshi. "Legend says that if a couple sets a candle on that meteor, their love would prosper... Do you believe in that Legoshi?" Juno asks. What's she getting at?

"Hmm... I don't really know. Would be cool if it's true though. Their love would prosper, huh." The wolf answers. Just then their conversation was suddenly interrupted by the lights shutting off. Screams rang out through the festival. What happened? You had no problem seeing in the dark. Your eyes stood out in the dark. Legoshi dashes off. "Hey is everyone okay?" Legoshi asks.

"Legoshi where are you?" Dom asks. "I-I'm going to put my hand out." Legoshi says. Dom grabs Legoshi's hand. "What is going on?" He asks. "I-I think that it's a blackout. Don't worry us nocturnal animals will protect everyone." Legoshi responds. "Let's gather everyone into one area for now." Legoshi commands. Everyone started gathering together. You stood on the outer side of the circle so you wouldn't get trampled. "Hey how many of us were here today?" Dom asks. You notice that you were missing one person. "Where's Haru!?" You ask. By the expression on Legoshi's face you could tell he noticed to. "Alba, sorry I need to go somewhere else could you take over?" Legoshi asks before running off.

"Be right back!" Legoshi shouts. 15 minutes passed and the lights turned back on. Legoshi still hadn't returned. You run off to look for him. You look around for him eventually finding him. He was standing by a tree talking to Haru. "H-hey! Are you two okay?" You ask. Legoshi looks back at you. "Oh Y/N. Yeah, we're fine." Haru says and then giggles. What were they talking about? A few minutes later you all get your stuff ready and you, Legoshi, and Haru head back to school together.

-the next day-

You were at the Meteor Festival. You were moving a few boxes. You set the boxes down. "There, I'm done." You wipe the sweat from your forehead. You then see a large wolf shaped shadow loom over you. You already know who it is behind you. You turn around. "Hey, Legoshi." You greet him cheerfully. Legoshi notices that he's towering over you and crouches down to your height. You notice he has a bloody tissue stuffed up his nose. What happened to him? "What happened to your nose? Did you get into a fight or something?" You ask. Legoshi just stares at you. "Does it hurt?" You ask. "Uhm no." Legoshi answers.

"Hey uhm... Y/N. I have something I want to tell you tomorrow. Could you promise me that you'll meet me here at sunset tomorrow during the festival. Uhm... the thing I want to tell you is important." Legoshi says rubbing the back of his neck. What does he want to tell me? I-is this going to be a confession of sort? "Uhm, sure. I'll be here." You say and give him a soft smile. "Uh, uhm, okay I've got to go now." Legoshi says before walking off.

-later-

You were walking down a mostly empty path taking a break from working. Then you notice Haru standing by herself leaning against a tree. "Hey, Haru." You say. You notice three strange lions creeping up next to her. Who are they? Next thing you know one of them grab Haru. The rabbit kicks and fails trying to scream but the lion covers her mouth. Oh shit! Not thinking,  you quickly run at the lion that has Haru and jump at him with your claws out. You land on his back. You dig your claws into his shoulders. "Let her go!" You shout. "Ow! shit!" He shouts. You're about to bite him before the lion grabs you off his back and slams you to the ground. You grunt before getting up. You felt weak. Another one of the lions punch you in the face as soon as you get back up. You fall back to the ground. During the fall your bag falls off your shoulder and onto the ground. You hear ringing in your ear and your vision is starting to fade. You start to lose consciousness and you pass out.

"Shit! He's a witness. What do we do?" One of the lions asks. "Let's just kill him." Another one suggests. "Wait a second. His coat looks soft and is pure white. We could sell it for some cash. Let's bring him back to base and we'll deal with him there." The third lions says.

to be continued...