Chapter 45 The Culprit

-later at the nurses office-

I lay Y/N down on the bed like the nurse had instructed me to when I walked in. I see the bloodied sides of his mouth making me cringe. It's hard to see Y/N hurt. I don't know why but it feels as if I somehow failed at protecting him. Even though it's not my fault.

 Y/N reaches up for my hand grabbing it with his. "L-Legoshi do you think they're going to take me to the hospital?" He asks me with a concerned look in his eyes. I take a deep breath. They probably will. "Probably, to my knowledge they don't have any kind of dental expert here." I say in honesty. A frown seems to form on Y/N's face. "Don't worry when you get back we'll get lunch together. I swear we'll spend the whole day together." I tell him trying to cheer him up. I see a small smile on his face. "I'd like that." He responds.

"Anyways I've got to go now."  I've got something bigger to take care of. Before I go I give Y/N a kiss on the cheek while the nurse isn't looking. However depending on how things are going to go... This might be the last kiss I share with him. I whisper "I love you." to him before beginning to leave. "Please take good care of him." I tell the nurse exiting the room.

I take a deep breath. I open the door to the perpetrator of Tem's murder. The brown bear looks at me with that same soft look that is always on his face. Now that I've realized how that face has just been a cover up for who he really is... It disgusts me. I close the door behind me.  Riz raises an eyebrow. "You've got blood on your uniform." He speaks up before handing me a handkerchief. I take the handkerchief and look back at the stain. "I don't think a handkerchief will be enough for this one." I say and hand it back.

"On another note... You should know that you can't fool me. I know what you've been hiding behind that soft expression. It was you Riz, you're Tem's murderer." I say as I look him directly in the eyes. Riz seems to stutter for a moment as his fake expression seems to start to falter. He chuckles a little. "I guess our little french kiss that night was the deciding factor. I mean it certainly caught me off guard..." Riz says in a slightly teasing voice. He's right. Even though it was not my best moment it's how I tracked him down. 

"You're correct, it was the only way I could have found you. I won't apologize for it." Riz smirks. "No need to apologize. Although I never thought you'd confront me like this. I thought you'd accept my warning. You see, killing Tem was simply an accident. I got carried away." Riz says reaching up digging his claws into the ceiling. "So, did you think if I just stayed silent this would all just disappear? Did you think I'd let you get away with this?" I ask with my eyebrows furrowed. I start to hear a tearing sound. I look up as my eyes widen. "Was I wrong? Then I'll just have to shut you up... PERMANTLY!" Riz says now appearing far menacing as he tears claw mark through the ceiling with his nails.

I realize that I'm unable to move. My claws won't budge. My fur won't stand. I'm frozen in place as this hulking beast of a man stands towering over me. My chances of winning this... are practically zero. However... I must fight. For the safety of everyone... including Y/N. "Bring it on..." I say baring my fangs. Just then I hear footsteps approaching capture both of our attentions.

We both turn our heads to see Pina walking towards us. "Ugh, you're never gonna get out of the way, huh?" Pina says in an arrogant tone. "Coming through." He walks right past the both of us to the door to the nurses office. He turns around to look at us. "Y/N left his bag in the middle of all the ruckus, so I was sent to deliver it to him. The things I do for this club" Pina says. 

He turns back around and knocks on the door. "Excuse me! I'm Pina, a first year from the Drama Club." Pina calls out. I could hear Riz panting next to me as I feel his eye practically drilling into the side of my head. "I brought Y/N's bag with me" He announces. The nurse opens the door. "Leave it right there please." She instructs. "Sure." Pina walks in. "He's going to be okay, there's no need to worry." The nurse assures Pina. Riz seems to have calmed himself down right before the nurse opened the door. "Glad to hear it! Well I'll be going now." Pina says before walking out of the room. He shuts the door behind him.

Pina looks at us and wipes his forehead. "And that is the end of that." He announces. He looks up and points at the scratch marks on the ceiling. "Oh my, scratch that deep won't be cheap to fix." He says with a smirk. The smug sheep starts to walk off. "I won't tell if you don't." He says walking away. He can't just leave after that! "Wait. Hold up. Hey, hey, hey!" I say as I grab PIna with both of my arms around his neck to stop him. Pina groans and gasps as I grab him. I pull back in a choke hold. "You didn't hear anything did you! Tell me you didn't!" I shout. Pina breaks free from the choke hold and falls to the floor gasping for air.

He looks back at me. "Though, I really do appreciate your concern, the fact that Riz is the culprit behind the devouring incident... has nothing to do with me..." The pause makes me think he's done. Both of us look at him in surprise. How can someone be this carefree about a murder!? "Is not a sentence I can bring myself to say. Like the two of you, I'm wrapped up in the heart of this." PIna continues. The beings who both balance and destroy a carnivore's reason are herbivores, after all. 

to be continued...