Chapter 37 Emergency

Y/N's POV

You sit by yourself on a bench. It was quiet with only the sound of crickets. You've been waiting for Legoshi for a while now... Maybe you should call him. You take your phone out of your pocket and press your finger into the power button. The screen powers on showing the time. IT WAS 9:00 PM!? He should definitely be here by now!? You felt concerned yet also annoyed. It's time to find out what's going on.

You open your phone's contacts and press the call button next to Legoshi's number. It rings, and rings, and rings... Each ring makes you more nervous. Finally it picks up... You hear grunting and what sounds like someone struggling. Your eyes widen as you hear the noise. After a little while it all stops for a moment. You hear Legoshi speak up. "It's you... You killed Tem. Just admit it." You put a hand over your mouth in shock. D-did he really find Tem's killer!? W-wait, that means they have Legoshi!

A very loud thud is then heard accompanied by a loud painful grunt from Legoshi. You start to panic. Fuck! You need to do something. Your heart rate increases. Your body almost seems to move on its own as you quickly get up and start running. W-wait where are you even going!? An idea comes to mind. You mute yourself in the call and listen closely to the call to see if you can pick up on any clues on where to go. Come on! Hang in there Legoshi! P-PLEASE DON'T LET THEM KILL YOU!

You hear what sounds like shuffling in the background of the call before Legoshi speaks again, "You really like showing off that arm strength, don't you?" He grunts and it sounds like he's getting up. "From one carnivore to another-" Legoshi is then cut off as you hear the sound of something colliding into him hard followed by a painful grunt. Your worry continues to rise as you hear this. Sweat drips down your fur. You then hear the sound of rusty creaking metal in the background. Wait! You know that sound! It's the old windmill! H-he's by the right side exit of the dorms!!

You dash to the location. You were being driven by pure rage, determination, and fear. You were running faster than you've ever run before. You are pushing your running speed to it's limits since you have to make it all the way to the dorms.

You were running as fast as you could towards the side entrance of the dorms. L-Legoshi! Please don't die before I get there! You breathe heavily as you run.

You were starting to run out of breath. Your running speed starts to slow down as your body needs a break after running across half of the entire school campus. You pant heavily as you crouch holding yourself up with your hands on your knees. 'D-damn it... I'm sorry Legoshi.' You can't save anyone. You felt a mix of anger, sadness, and guilt. You felt weak. Whenever you try to better yourself... The world just knocks you back down. This world only takes away... First your your mom, then Tem, and now Legoshi... A tear runs down your cheek.

You then look at your phone. You remember words Tem once told you, "Stop being so stuborn, you won't get anywhere in life without a bit of help." The memory of the alpaca flashes in your brain. He was right, and right now you need help! You look in your contacts and see Jack as one of the first options. You press on the call button and the phone rings a bit. The labrador picks up. "Hey Y-" Jack starts to greet you but you didn't have the time. "J-jack! *pant pant* This is an emergency! I need you to get to the right side dorm exit immediately!" You shout. You were still panting from your tiredness. "H-huh!? Y/N, a-are you okay!? You're panting a lot. W-what's wron-" You interrupt him again. "It's Legoshi! He's in serious danger!" You shout in an urgent but worried tone. 

"W-what!? H-how!?" Jack asks. "L-listen, I don't have the time to explain! Y-you need to hurry!"

to be continued...