Chapter 27 I'll Get Stronger

Y/Ns POV

You walk down a mostly empty area of the Meteor Festival thinking to yourself. You weren't exactly yourself right now.  You just wanted to be left alone so you could forget about tonight. Although despite wanting to forget your thoughts were could by images of Juno and Legoshi together.

 Juno really is something. You're usually pretty good at enduring bullying but, Juno was definitely a little too much. Now that you realize it her and Legoshi do look perfect together. Anyone could assume that they're a couple. Just look at them.

Plus, who would accept a wolf and a cat couple? A canine and feline. What a joke... You bet everything will calm down once you and him just stop talking. "Y/N? Y/N?" You hear Legoshi calling for you. Soon you feel him breathing down your neck. "Y/N, you probably shouldn't be walking around all by yourself at night." He says. 

  Why does he have to do this? He's just going to complicate things further. "What do you want? Shouldn't you be off with Juno?" You ask while turning around to face him. "Huh?" Legoshi seems confused. "Didn't you hear the applause? It's obvious that you two should be together." You say. "What?" 

"Look, Legoshi, just leave me alone..." You say before turning around and continuing to walk. "Y/N, I don't have any romantic feelings towards Juno. We may both be grey wolves but other than that we don't really have anything in common." Legoshi says while walking after you. 

"Please just go away. You don't have to worry about me..." You tell him. "I'm a rather dark natured guy. So it doesn't matter whether I'm in the dark or the light. I will always continue to worry and, if I'm always going to worry... I'd rather it be about things to have to do with you. Don't you see, it's more important to me that I focus on that." Legoshi says while still following you. You stop walking. "Legoshi, ever since you've been involved with me you've almost been killed twice. And to be honest at the hotel I didn't just stop you because I wasn't ready but also because I was scared." You respond. There was a long pause between you two.

"Well... that's fine. It's okay to be scared. The point is that we can make progress so you'll no longer have to be scared." Legoshi responds. He just won't give up will he? "Well that still won't change the fact that we're basically predator and prey." You say aloud. You look at Legoshi's expression change to surprise at your words.

"Now that you say it... when you were kidnapped by the Shishi-Gumi, I felt like they had stolen my prey. Honestly, I was confused and scared. I've had doubts about what motivated me to save you. But, it's pretty clear to me now. I won't ever hurt you Y/N because-" Legoshi walks up to you and puts his arms around you. "I love you."

Those words... the more Legoshi talks about his feelings, the more your fake sad facade disappears and your actual feelings start to come out. You do actually love this wolf and you want to be with him. Doubting this fact won't get you anywhere. A small blush appears on your face as you stand there.

"I- I love you too Legoshi." You say back in a soft gentle tone. You two stand there like that for awhile before Legoshi backs out of the hug and his expression becomes more serious. "Y/N, I want to get stronger. I want to become stronger for you. I promise you I'll do whatever it takes." He promises. You see the seriousness in his eyes. What does he mean by stronger? The only thing you can think of to respond with is...

"I guess, I'll just have to wait to see that happen..."

-to be continued-