Chapter 30 Deer Tracks

You sit outside on a bench looking at your phone. It was surprisingly peaceful today. The fall wind gently blows through your fur. causing it to blow to the east. Your ear flicks as your finger comes into contact with your phone screen. You scroll through BeastBook seeing what other members of the Drama Club have been doing over the summer. Today was the day Drama Club started again. Suddenly you hear something being set on the bench. You look next to you and see... your old bag? You thought you lost it when the Shishigumi kidnapped you.

"I believe this is yours." A familiar voice says. You look up and surprise washes over you as you see the last person you expected to see. It was Louis! The deer smiles at you.  You struggle to think of what to say. He's been missing for months and he finally decides to show up!? The deer wears a smirk on his face as he looks at you. "Well, I'll be on my way then." He says before walking off. You grab the bag and quickly stand up and run after him and grab his sleeve stopping him. "Louis, wait!" You shout. The deer looks down at you. "It's been awhile, Y/N hasn't it?" He says. 

You feel small tears form in your eyes. "Where have you been!? Since when did you get here!?" You ask frantically. The deer chuckles. "I didn't realize you'd miss me that much." He says. Your face heats up. He's been missing for months and he's just acting so casually!? "I've been worried about you! It's been two months!" You shout as you feel tears stream down your face. Louis's demeanor changes as he crouches down as rubs the tears off your face with his sleeve. "I'm sorry... but, I can't exactly tell you where I've been..." He says in a calm tone. W-what?

"Anyways, shouldn't you be at the Drama Club? It's starting soon right?" He says as he stands back up. "I'll see you when I get there." The deer walks off. You just stand there watching him as he walks off. The wind around you seems to be blowing harder than before.

-later at Drama club-

You sit on an empty box staring at the door. You wonder if Louis was really going to show up. Strangely Legoshi was late. The door starts to open as you see the deer walk in with Legoshi following him. Other members of the club surround him as soon as they notice. "Louis! I'm so glad you're okay." One of them says. "Where the heck have you been?" Another one asks. Louis seems to gather his thoughts before speaking. "I'm sorry for worrying you all."

Sanu speaks up. "That's quite alright, my boy. I'm just so happy to see you." You still stayed back. "I appreciate that, President... But, please process this for me." He says holding out an envelope. You gasp in surprise as you see what's written on the envelope. It's a letter of resignation. "What?" Sanu says confused. "I came to submit my resignation. Thank you all for everything." He says. He's really quitting!? Everyone else seems to share the same surprise as you. "You're quitting!? But, why? The Drama Club can't go on without its star." Sanu says. Louis sighs. "You'll be just fine... But performing on our stage... showered in this cheap lighting. A captive audience before me... knowing they were all waiting for me to fail... It's an experience I won't soon forget." He says. 

He looks towards you and waves before walking out with his head down. Everyone looked at him surprised.  He stops by Legoshi who looks like he just witnessed something beyond comprehension. "The light and the darkness have reversed. Don't forget." He says vaguely. "Good luck through the disastrous twilight... I have decided to pursue a different path." He says to the wolf before walking off.  Everyone watches as he disappears through the door. What did any of that mean? You feel as if a major change just happened and you're unsure if you'll ever see him again. 

to be continued...