Chapter 31 - Biology Day

You head down to the Biology Lab for Biology day. You almost forgot that today was also Biology Day. You're supposed to attend it every two days but you haven't gone in awhile. You stand at the wooden door to the small feline room. It had the face of a cat-like creature carved into the door. It seemed to be a mix of a domestic cat and a lynx. Domestic cats such as yourself don't really have a particular habitat so they typically group them up with other similar feline species. You open it seeing the inside. It was decorated to look like a field at night. The room was dark only lit up by small white christmas lights that covered the ceiling. 

The lighting was intentional since cats are nocturnal and good at seeing in the dark. Your step onto the fake grass entering the room. You look around seeing a mix of lynx, bobcats, and cats relaxing. You notice a tall tree in the back of the room. There seemed to be nobody around it. You walk to the lone tree in the back and sit down. You sigh letting all the thoughts in your heads pause for a bit so you can relax.

You hum the tune of one your favorite songs to yourself as you look up at the ceiling. You hear a rustle coming from the tree above you. You look up seeing a pair of eyes staring down at you. "Hey, Y/N." You hear them say. You soon recognize the voice as Leon. "What are you doing?" You ask. The lynx pokes his head out of the leafy foliage of the tree. "I'm just relaxing."

"In the tree?" You ask in confusion.  He shakes his head. "Yep, being up here kind of reminds me of home. Back at home there were plenty of trees for me to climb and room for me to mess around." He says. You smile a little. It was nice to just have a normal conversation with him for once. "So, I'm assuming you come from a more country area." You say look at him.

 "Yeah, my family owns a farm far out from the city. I moved out a few months ago. There were not many people out there. I felt lonely. So... I got my parents to enroll me in Cherryton." The lynx shifts getting into a more comfortable position. "Heh, sounds familiar." You say thinking about your own childhood. 

Leon climbs down from the tree and joins you by your side. He stretches out laying beside you. You two lay there talking with each other and relaxing for a while. You were starting to see a more relaxed and less flirty side of Leon. He was actually kind of pleasant when he was not trying to be a flirt.

to be continued...