Chapter 22 The Lions Den

Louis POV

I can't believe what I'm hearing. The mayor had just told me that Y/N and Haru have been kidnapped by the Shishigumi. "Why would you tell me something like that?" I ask. The mayor turns around to face me. "We need you to be aware of the reality of situations like this. If you eventually do become a Beastar, you'll most likely encounter the Shishigumi as well. Did you know them very well? The girl from the gardening club and the boy in the drama club?" The mayor asks.

I look at Haru's shoe and Y/N's bag laying in the garbage can.  "No matter how much we try to conceal it. It won't solve anything! Is there anything that we can do?" I ask. The lion walks forward. "As far as the public is concerned, information that reaches their eyes and ears is extremely important to keep a handle on. So I'm asking you to keep this under wraps for the time being. No matter what the cost." The mayor says holding out his hand.

He can't be serious. I'm just supposed to stand by and let two people I care about die!? "I had my fangs removed for fake teeth before entering college. I wanted to have a pleasant face. So I spent a small fortune on surgery to achieve that. I was fully committed to becoming the mayor. If I were to destroy the good and trustworthy image that lions maintain. The divide between herbivores and carnivores would grow even wider than it is. It would cause turmoil and panic throughout the city." The mayor says. 

He walks over to a bag sitting on the table to our right. "You can look at this. This is a final test for you. " He says opening a bag and taking a black book out. He flips through the book. "What I have here is the Black Market live bait records. Your name is still in here. If you keep quiet about this incident as I ask and successfully manage the festival. I'll erase this for you. Your dark past will be no more." The lion says.

Dammit, I don't really have a choice here. I'm sorry Haru and Y/N but I can't refuse this offer. I slowly hold my hand out to shake on it. The mayor grabs my hand and shakes it sealing the deal. "Great, then you and I have a deal." The mayor says. I feel like shit for agreeing to this. 

"That's all I need. You better head back to the drama club for now." The mayor says with a smile. 

I walk out of the tent feeling guilty about my decision. Dammit! Dammit! The mayor and Shishigumi! Just then I hear Legoshi calling out for me. "Louis! Louis!" The wolf then grabs my arm. "Y/N and Haru have been kidnapped by a gang called- uh the S-shishigumi. Come on! We need to go save them!" Legoshi says concerned. I pull my arm out of his grip. 

I get my feelings under control going back to being looking calm and collected. "It happens all the time. There's no saving them." I say before walking away. "What? Are you serious?" I hear Legoshi ask in confusion from behind me. "Louis, we have to go get them back!" The wolf says. 

"If you want. Be my guest." I respond. Legoshi starts walking after me. "But don't you like Haru? She likes you in case you didn't kno-" I cut him off with a hit to the face. I can't take this! Everything that's happening and on top of that I have to deal with this stupid wolf! "Don't act like you know everything!" I lash out at him. "All you are is a wolf pretending to be weak not anything more than that!" I add. 

Legoshi stands there his holding his face. "You don't understand anything! There's nothing we can do about it. We can't cause panic throughout the whole city just to save two." I say. Keep telling yourself. You have to believe it. "Lies and deception all in the name of peace. You've experienced it first hand yourself. You deceive everyone by acting weak in order to blend in with society." I shout. 

Legoshi clenches his fists. "I understand." He says. He then grabs me by the shoulders. "In that case. I'll just have to show you the kind of danger both Y/N and Haru are facing right now as we argue." He says before raising a fist over his shoulder. "I'll show you just how angry I am!" 

-meanwhile-

Y/N's POV

You start to wake up. You open your eyes. You see several lions surrounding you. "Hey look they're awake!" One of them says. You're then picked up by the scruff of your neck by one of the lions. "What a lovely fur coat you've got. Your pelt is going to make us some money." The lion says.

You kick the lion in the arm causing him to drop you. You get up and run for the large door at the front of the room. You push but it wouldn't budge. "HELP!" You shout. You knew there was likely no one nearby to help you but you were desperate. One of the lions grabs your leg and pulls you down to the ground. 

He towers over you. "We should break your legs so you can't run." He grabs your leg. "Get off me!" You shout before punching the lion in the face. The punch caused his nose to start bleeding. "Why you little shit!" The lion roars out. He pulls his fist back to punch you. You quickly roll out of the way.

It was no help though as the other two lions tackle you. "Please don't make us have to hurt you. We need your fur clean when we sell it." One of the lions says to you. You gasp for air. Their weight on the lions on top of you was making it hard to breathe. "W-where's Haru!?" You ask. 

"Oh the rabbit girl. If you want to see her you're going to have to ask the boss to vomit." One of the lions remark. You could physically feel your heart sink. No! They're just joking right. Your anger quickly builds. You suddenly feel a sudden sensation run through your body. You felt stronger.

You kick one of the lions in the crotch. The lion rolls over and falls to the ground groaning in pain. You then bite deep into the wrist of the other lion and rip a large chunk of his flesh off. You spit the chunk of flesh out of your mouth. The guy screams in pain as his wrist bleeds excessively. You shove him off you. Holy shit! Did you really just do that!?

You wipe the blood off your mouth as you stand up. Is this your survival instinct? Just then your thoughts were interrupted when you were apprehended by the lion you punched in the face. Your hands were tightly held behind your back so you couldn't use them.

"You're a feisty one. From one feline to another I'd say you're an impressive fighter for your size. But... You forgot one thing. To watch your back." The lion says before pushing you to the ground. "Now for the first step, why don't we make sure that fur is all one color." He says while grabbing your pants. 

You panic while thinking about what to do to get this creep off you. You kick him in the chest causing the air to be knocked out of him. He wheezes and his grip on you loosens. You use this opportunity to escape his grasp. You then get up and spot a door in the room. You run out the door. "Wait! Stop him!" You hear the lion yell. 

You run down the hall of the Shishigumi base. You don't make it far though. You come to a dead stop as you're surrounded at all sides by lions. Shit! You're gonna die. Next thing you know you're hit with a tranquilizing dart. You start to fall back to being unconscious.

to be continued...