Extra Chapter - A Special Call

(A/N: Hey! Just a heads up this chapter will have an appearance from an original character(Lake) from the prequel story Falling Snow. You don't have to read it to understand everything but just a heads up.)

You lay hanging off the side of your bed waiting for a phone call. Finally your phone rings. He finally called! You pick up the phone holding it. A deep voice rings out from the other end. "H-hello, Y/N? Are you there?" He asks. "Lake! You finally called!" You say with a smile. "Hold on... how do I turn the camera on?" He asks in a confused tone. Both of your face cams turn on. The panther smiles and waves into the camera. "There it is! Hey, Y/N!" Lake says.

Lake recently got a phone over the summer even though he's bad with technology. He wanted to be able to call you while you were at school. He was worried that you'd get lonely without him even though you have friends now. The panther can be like an overbearing dad sometimes. "Sorry I didn't call sooner, I've been busy. I'm on break now though so I figured I'd call you and check in." The butler says. "Well, I'm glad you did. I've been waiting for a phone call from you for a while." You say. "So how are your grades doing?" Lake asks.

You chuckle a little. "What are you now, my uncle?" You say jokingly. "Oh I'm sorry! I didn't mean to uh.." He stutters. "Hey chill, I was joking. My grades are pretty good I guess." You say. He scratches the back of his neck and chuckles. "That's good. What about the drama club you're in?" He asks. "Oh... the drama club. It's complicated right now... Louis left." You say.

"Huh? The deer kid? I thought he was missing?" Lake asks confused. You groan. "Yeah. I know! He disappears from months and then shows up to say he's disappearing again! What's up with him!?" You say frustrated. Lake looks almost surprised about your frustration. It's an emotion you don't show often around him. "Sorry, I got a little carried away with my emotions there." You say chuckling nervously. You hear the door knob on the door start to turn. The door opens and Leon walks in. "Oh hey, Y/N who you talking to?"He asks. He walks over and looks at your phone. 

"Oh hey, Leon." You say. "Oh Y/N is that one of your roommates?" Lake asks. "Wow, whos the big guy? He's kind of cute." Leon says. Lake looks surprised. His face was a little red. "Leon! What the fuck!" You shout. Leon chuckes. "It was just a compliment."

Lake speaks up. "O-oh uhm, thanks I guess... but, I'm in my 40's kid." Lake responds seeming a little uncomfortable by the comment. "Hm, would have never guessed with your looks.~" Leon says flirtatiously. Your face heats up from embarrassment as your roommate is try to flirt with your 40 year old butler. "That's it! I'm ending the call! I'll talk to you sometime later Lake." You shout. "Okay, then bye Y/N. Stay safe." Lake says before you quickly end the call. 

"Leon, what the hell!" You shout at the lynx. "What? Can't flirt with a guy I find attractive?" Leon asks with a snarky tone. Your fists ball up. "No, you're like 17 and flirting with someone who is pretty much like a dad to me!" You shout. 

"Oh, uhm I'm sorry I didn't know." Leon says sounding only a little sorry. You roll your eyes and plop down on your bed. "Also I'm 18 not 17 by the way."Leon remarks before disappearing into his bed above you. You sigh. Why does Leon have to make things awkward.

to be continued...