Chapter 46 Friendly Conversation

The three of us sit in the mostly empty school library at table. Despite this being a public space, the atmosphere still feels tense. I mean I'm sitting right next to a murderer. Pina puts his hands together. "Alright, I'd like to keep this conversation as friendly as possible. So, I'd ask that you stop looking at me like you're eyeing some tasty prey. If that's okay." Pina says in a surprisingly polite tone. Riz grumbles a little. "I just feel unsettled." Riz speaks up.

"Of course you do. Two of your fellow club members figured out your deepest, darkest secret. A big bear boy like you only has one option to put his mind at ease." Pina says in a slightly condescending tone. I can tell what the option he's referring to is... murder likely. "In other words, to deal with you." The bear says. The way his calm tone of voice contrasts the sentence he just said is unnerving. However... "I won't let that happ-" I try to speak up, but Pina interrupts me.

"I would have to recommend against killing me." Pina says with his hand on his chin. "If a second member of the Drama Club died mysteriously, one has to imagine that the police would start investigating in earnest." Pina continues while staring at Riz as if he just got a checkmate in this one-sided mental game of chess Pina is playing. Riz gasps. "And once they narrow the suspect pool down to the carnivores of the Drama Club, well even a child would know it's you." Pina continues. Riz seems to get more irritated the Pina talks as his eyebrows furrow together pointing downwards. It feels as if he could snap and lunge at Pina right here and now. I can tell he's holding himself back. "I must say I'm conflicted... But-" Pina stands up from his seat.

"I'm not about to reveal your crime. This is a complicated situation for all three of us, so... Let's just say justice has won for the time being." Pina concludes as Riz looks down. I swear I could almost see tears in his eyes. Pina smirks at Riz. "I hope you struggle to sleep tonight." Pina remarks in a condescending tone. I didn't know Pina could be that harsh... but, I'd be lying if I said I don't hope the same. He won't be getting sympathy from me.

"Time to go! Come on Legoshi." Pina says switching tone immediately. "O-oh eh, Sure." How can just simply walk off after belittling and threatening a murderer like that. Especially as a herbivore... It must be his acting skills. That or he's just like this. I pick up my stuff as I walk off hearing Riz panting heavily behind me as Pina and I walk off.

-the next day-

School today had been cancelled rather suddenly. They sent all of us either home or to our dorms. Not without giving us homework first though. Y/N's kind of lucky since he doesn't have to do all this work. Even though I have a feeling he caused this. It's just a hunch but I have a feeling it was due to yesterday. They're probably still cleaning up blood or having a meeting. I just hope he's okay. I don't know what I'd do without him. The rest of my roommates and I sit around a table we had set in the middle of the dorm doing our homework together. In case any of us get stuck on something and need help. It was Jack's idea. "

I don't get it. Why did they have to close school so all of the sudden?" Miguno complains with a sigh. "Well I hear they're having a big faculty meeting." Collot says. "Hmm... well something must have happened." Jack says. "Whatever it was it wasn't worth this homework!" Durham complains rolling his eyes. As if he hasn't just been doodling on his paper this whole time. 

As if it was scripted somehow all of our phone's ring at the same time. We all pick up our phones. "Is it some kind of emergency notice?" Miguno asks Huh!? The information presented in front of me... I can't believe it! "Huh! 'Starting next year, Cherryton Academy will implement a segregated system for carnivores and herbivores!' They'll be splitting up our different classes?" Jack says in shock of this news. I can't believe it either. Cherryton has always been unsegregated...

to be continued...