Chapter 43 Jaw Wars

You set down a heavy box and wipe the dripping hot sweat off your forehead. This heavy work is getting pretty tiring. As you straighten out your back you look to Legoshi. Your wolf boyfriend is staring blankly with a box at his feet. Maybe he's lost in thought or maybe just zoned out. Bill walks by him giving him an annoyed look. Man, who pissed in his Cheerios today? He's been oddly on edge. "Hey are you gonna zone out or are you going to get to work!?" Bill asks in an annoyed tone. The canine is snapped out of his thoughts causing him to scramble to pick up the box and carry it off. Hmm seems like your weird boyfriend is just being well... weird. Tao's shouting catches your attention. "What's in this freaking thing!?" Tao asks as he struggles to pick up one of the boxes.

Bill walks over with a confident snarky smirk. "Maybe don't advertise the fact there you're such a baby. This is a job for a big buff Bengal!" Bill says with booming misplaced confidence. He bends down to pick up the box. You expect the large buff tiger to easily pick it up but, he can't even lift it an inch!? He grunts putting all his might into trying to picking it up but he still can't. Riz now walks over. "Don't worry I've got this... Cat boy." He says with a smug but still easy-going tone. "Cat boy?" Both you, Bill, and Tao audibly say.

Riz easily picks up the extremely heavy box and carries it on his shoulder effortlessly. Sheila, Els, and Dom walk over to the three. "Now, that's what I expect out of a brown bear." Sheila says. Els chuckles and grins seeming amused by Bill's failure. "You're actually kind of weak aren't you Bill?" Els says. "No,no no! You herbivores wouldn't know this, but a carnivore's power isn't measured by the strength of their arms." Bill says sounding rather salty that someone would even suggest that he's weak. "If you wanna see real power, then you should measure the strength of their jaw." Bill says motioning with his palm towards his jaw.

"Hmm, yeah. I guess that makes sense. How do you determine that?" Dom asks intrigued . Bill's expression seems to light up at the question. "I'm so glad you asked that! Believe it or not we have an official competition-" Wait! Oh no, he's talking about Jaw Wars. "Hang on. Hang on. You can't do that here." Aoba interrupts Bill. "We don't need to play that game around herbivores." Aoba scolds Bill. Yeah, last time you saw Bill play Jaw Wars he sent Tao flying across your dorm room. Bill chuckles dismissively. "Afraid we'll get too riled up? I'm not gonna freak out. I just want to prove that felines are superior." Bill remarks.

Bill started to set up the game by placing a piece of black tape on the floor.  "Look think of it as a cultural exchange. Even if you're not competing, it's fun to watch." The Bengal says. "As long as it's peaceful." Dom says. Bill smirks seeming happy to have gotten the go ahead. He springs up energetically. "All right! Who wants to go first?" Bill asks putting his hands up like he's about to fight someone. He cockily snaps his jaw a few times making a chattering sound.

"It's been a little while for me." Riz remarks. "I'll go I had some bee larva yesterday!" Kai enthusiastically volunteers.  Tao furrows his bows. "Ref, he ate bugs. That's like doping!" Tao accuses pointing at Kai. "Nope, that's legal. I know Aboba eats bugs too, don't ya?" Kai responds. Aoba perks up at the question. "Well, I... I'm plenty strong, even without eating bugs." Aoba says rolling his eyes and crossing his arms.

Huh? They all seem very into it. You personally haven't ever tried yourself. You've always assumed you'd lose. Plus, you're far too reserved to play such a savage game as Jaw Wars. You look to see Legoshi pondering to himself. Is he gonna play? "Hey, Legoshi! Get your ass over here! You and I are gonna settle things right now." Bill shouts at Legoshi seemingly getting his attention. "No, I'm good. I don't like this game very much." Legoshi calmly tells Bill. Bill seems to get frustrated at Legoshi's lack of interest.

"Listen, dude. I was not asking you I was telling you! And trust me, nobody believes that crap you're spewing anyway." Bill says. Legoshi sighs and decides to join. They both sit there with each end of a rope in their mouth. The rope was marked with red tape on each end. If the red tape crossed the black line then whoever's side the red tape was on loses.  "Your whole kicked puppy routine flew out the window the day you attacked me on stage in front of everybody, So how about you show us more of that brute strength, huh?" Bill mocks the wolf while speaking with the rope in his mouth. "This isn't exactly fair." Legoshi says. Legoshi then seems to look at the board seemingly having a realization. 

He then turns back to Bill with a serious determined expression on his face. "Oh! You got your serious face on now. " Bill remarks. Both of them started growling at each other. You sigh. Why can't these two ever just get along. Everyone stares at the two of them in anticipation. "Ready... Go!" Aoba shouts starting the match.

However the match seemed to end in an instant as Bill easily pulled Legoshi causing him to fly forwards and land face first in the ground with behind up. You stare in shock at this. Legoshi gets up looking as surprised as everyone else.

"You're so weak." Bill says sounding almost confused at his victory. This was before Bill turns back to his traditional deminor standing up with a prideful grin. "Did everyone see that!?" Bill says enthusiastically before breaking out into taunting laughter. "Hell yeah, I won against Legoshi off the bat!" Bill says doing an air punching as some sort of victory dance. Legoshi covered his muzzle in shock. How did he lose!? You've seen his jaw in action before!? He should be far stronger than Bill.

A few rounds go by until it gets to Tao. It seems like you two were the only carnivores who haven't gone yet. Tao looks at you with a grin. "Hey Y/N! Are you playing?" Tao asks enthusiastically. You let out a long "uhhh....". Bill puts his hand on your shoulder. "Oh come one Y/N. It'll be fun. Plus I wanna see what you can really do!" Bill says enthusiastically. What I can really do?  Well maybe, if you're planning on going to the Black Market you should find out how good you'd be at defending yourself. "Fine, I'll do it." You say standing up.

You walk over to the rope and put the one end in your mouth. You hear someone walk up behind you as you sit there. It was Pina... He whispers into your ear, "I'm rooting for you, little kitty cat. Don't mess this up now." He says in a teasing voice. You furrow your brows as you hear him call you a little kitty cat. That damn zesty ass sheep!  He steps away. You look ahead at Tao. You get into position putting your hands on the floor getting ready to play. "Wow, looks like someone's getting serious." Tao teases you.

"Okay, ready... GO!" Aoba shouts starting the match. You tug the rope in your mouth hard. Your eyes widen as you see Tao instantly go flying over the line from the force you tugged the rope at. You hear the other members of the club start to clap and cheer at your victory. D-did you really just do that!? You notice Tao looking up at you just as surprised as you were but, his expression soon shifts into a smile as he chuckles. "Wow, you're way stronger than I thought Y/N." Tao remarks. "O-oh thanks Tao." You say to him. You look next to you to see Legoshi also staring at you seemingly also surprised.

to be continued...