Chapter 3 : The Girl With The Shaved Head

"Papa, where are we going?" 

"We're going to the rainbow room. Your sister should be there." He said while smiling down at me. 

I faked a smile back in his direction. I had to do whatever it was that he wanted from me in order to make it out of here alive. I needed to get home to tell Jonathan and my mom that I was okay. That they needed to not worry about me and find Will. They needed to find him. They needed to find him soon. He needed to be the main priority, not me. 

Brenner held my hand as we walked through the halls of the... well I don't really know what. It sort of looked like we were in a hospital. There were many many doors. They all had numbers on them. My door had a 17 on it. I saw so many doors with different numbers on them. I wondered how many other kids were locked up here. We turned a corner and I started to recognize where we were going. It was the same route I took when I was trying to run away. 

We came to these large double doors. The same ones I had pushed through before. He stood in front of me as he pushed open the doors. I looked around the room once more. I saw a guard, he was just standing on the opposite side of the room. He was watching someone. 

I had stopped walking. Brenner took a few steps forward and looked down. I tilted my head in confusion. I couldn't see who he was talking to. 

"I have someone I would like you to meet, Eleven." He turned to look at me and motioned for me to move forward. "This is your new sister, Seventeen!" He said while smiling at the little child that I could now see. 

My eyes widened as I took in the small girl's appearance. She was short. I wasn't very tall, but she was still short. She was really small and skinny. The most shocking part of her appearance was her hair. Her head was shaved. Not completely to the point where she was bald, she still had a little hair to keep her little head warm. 

"I want you and Seventeen to bond and get to know each other! By the time I come back in here, I want us to all treat each other like family!" He said as he walked towards the door with the guard following behind him. They both walked out, locking the door behind them. 

I turned back around and saw the little girl already looking at me. I didn't really know what to say. 

"Hi, Eleven." 

"H-hi." She said back. 

Her voice was just above a whisper. She looked afraid. I probably also looked afraid. But I couldn't help her or myself if we were both going to be afraid of each other. I tried to level with her. I sat on the rainbow carpet with her. 

"Pretty." She whispered while looking at me. 

"What?" I asked as I smiled at her. 

"You...are..pretty." She said while giving me a small smile. 

"Thank you." We both sat in silence. 

I didn't really know what to ask her. 

"Eleven, I need you to know something." I said while looking at her. 

"What?" 

"My name isn't Seventeen. My name is Sofia... Sofia Byers. My friends call me Sofie."

"Sofie... c-can I call you Sofie?"

"Yeah, but not in front of Papa. He'll get us both in trouble."

"Okay." 

"Eleven, do you have a nickname?"

"What... what is a nickname?"

"A nickname is like a name that is similar to your name, but not actually your name. Like Sofie for example." I explained to her.