Chapter 9 : The Princess Is Missing

Steve's POV

"Steve! Steve stop! I'm serious! I have to wait for Will to get home!" Sofie said while she started to hug me goodbye. 

Yep. I'm dating Sofia Byers. She's really hot and everyone wants her. The only issue is I got her first. I'm not actually interested in her. She's cool and all, but I don't really know. Tommy dared me to date her and here we are. To my knowledge, she has no clue and hopefully it stays that way. 

"Come on! Will's a big boy! He can open the door and tuck himself in tonight!" I said while kissing her lips. 

"Steve, Will's my responsibility. I have to take care of him and you know that. I'll see you tomorrow. Promise." She said while smiling and giving me a soft kiss. 

She was actually really pretty. No, pretty is an understatement. She was beautiful. She was drop dead gorgeous. Looking at her now makes me feel really bad about all this being a dare. But, I don't plan on telling her any time soon, so I'll worry about it later. 

"Fine! Tell Will I said hi and that he owes me some alone time with my girlfriend!" I shouted to her while she climbed out of my car and walked towards her door. 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Blah blah blah Harrington. Go take a shower or something!" She laughed while stopping at her door. 

I stuck my tongue out at her playfully and she blew me a kiss. I watched her unlock the door, turn on the light, and walk inside and close the door. 

I moved the gear shift and started driving home. 

Once I got home, I immediately ran up the stairs to my room. My parents were arguing as usual. I don't know what happened to them. I'm pretty sure they were in love at some point, but that was way before I got here. 

I took a shower and fell asleep thinking about Sofie. She was so perfect. I'm so lucky to have her. My thoughts eventually put me to sleep. 

When morning came I got ready for school like any other day. I put on my shoes and my jacket before walking out the door. I walked down to the kitchen. The house was silent as it always was in the morning. I grabbed an apple from the kitchen and made my way out to my car. I drove to school and listened to music. 

When I got to school, I looked for Tommy and Carol like I did every morning. While I was walking down to the front doors of the school, I noticed that everyone was staring at me. 

I shrugged it off and continued to look for Tommy and Carol. 

"Steve, how are you?" Tommy said to me after coming round the corner with Carol attached to his hip. 

"What the hell are you talking about?" I said, obviously annoyed. 

"Didn't you hear? Your princess and her little frog went missing last night." Carol said with a smirk and a mocking tone.

"What?" I felt all the blood drain from my face. 

"You heard her. She went missing last night. Her and the kid." Tommy confirmed. 

"If this is some sick joke it's not funny!" I said raising my voice slightly. 

"Calm the hell down man! It's just what we heard." 

I couldn't believe this. Sofie was missing. I had just been with her the night before. I know that none of this is real at least not for me or at least I don't think it is, but I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. This is a nightmare. 

I can't go and ask about her with her mom because she doesn't even know that we're dating. The only person I could ask is Jonathan, but we don't exactly have the best history. Plus the son of a bitch isn't here. Understandable, but I need answers. 

I went on with my day like nothing was wrong and man did it feel like hell.