Chapter 10 : Lights

"Sofie, I need you to tell me whatever you can remember. Anything at all." Hopper said while kneeling in front of me. 

"I don't know why I can't remember. I'm trying...and I can't remember. The only thing I can remember is that it was like a hospital." I kept closing my eyes and trying to force the information out of myself. Maybe I had hit my head or something when I was running.

And then it hit me. 

"The girl!" I said wide eyed. 

"What girl?" 

"Another little girl. Her... her head was shaved. Her name is Eleven." 

"Sofie, we never found another little girl." 

"No that's impossible! She was wearing the same shirt as me and I told her to run in the direction of the search party!" I was starting to think of the worst. 

They found her and they got her. 

"Sofie, you need to calm down. Take a deep breathe. I need you to explain it to me. I need you to describe her, the hospital." 

"There were a bunch of rooms with numbers on the doors. I had one and she had one. i don't know if there were other kids in there, but as far as I know it was just us and the guards and the... the man." 

"What man?" 

"The doctor. He made me call him Papa." I said. I couldn't remember his name. I finally made it out and I could finally get him put away and I couldn't remember his name. 

"Do you know his name?" 

"I can't remember. He told me and I can't remember." 

"Sofie this is a lot of information. I need you to try and remember anything el-" 

"What about Will? Have you found anything on him?" 

"That's also what I need to ask you about. You were the last known person to see him." 

"There was a monster. In the shed. It took him. I saw it. It was before the van got here." 

"What van?" 

"I don't remember." 

"Sofie, your memory could be affected from the trauma of being kidnapped and held hostage." 

"No you're not listening to me. There was a monster. It didn't have a face, besides a mouth. It was human, but not. I don't know how to explain it." 

"Sofie, I can't find your brother if you aren't going to be sincere with me." 

"I'm telling the truth. What? Did you think I would make all this up? You don't think I want you to find my brother?!" I started raising my voice. 

"Sofie, that's not what I'm saying." 

"Then what are you implying?! You don't think I know what happened to my own brother?! You said it yourself, I was the only one here!" 

"Hopper, what's going on in here?"

"Sofie, is feeling a little overwhelmed and isn't thinking straight." 

"Don't put fucking words in my mouth. I'm telling you the truth about everything. About Will, about the hospital, and about Eleven." 

"Sofie, please language! Isn't there anything else you can do to assess her or try to retrieve her memories?" 

"The only thing else I could possibly do is check her for bodily harm, which I can't really do if she doesn't want to go to the hospital."