1) Responsibility

Jennie's Pov.

I couldn't help but get emotional, while watching my siblings busy serving customers.

I am happy because I know, that our hardships have paid off. I can't say we're abundant, but I know that life we have now is way more better than we had before .

I'm Jennie Kim. 23 years old and eldest . I have 2 sisters but my father is different from the two of them. I take responsibility of being light and pillar of our home, since my mother passed away three years ago. my sisters' father was just a cock head, that just disappeared like a bubble.

And about my father? I don't know what to think of him. His my father but I don't even have single information about him , because no matter what I try to ask my mother the answer I will receive is scolding.

We weren't born rich, we were the type of family that had to sweat first before we can  eat. I know I was not a good daughter and sister before there are many decisions in life that I really regret, All the decisions that only driven by my emotions that i become selfish towards my family.

Now !! I tried to be a good sister to my siblings. What we went through was very difficult, so I feel no equal happiness now. I know that with the small restaurant I have founded, I will be able to send my siblings to college.

When our mother died, I didn't know what to do. I don't know how I'm going to support my two Sisters. I tried everything, I worked as a waitress at a famous diner in the morning and I also worked at the night club as a waitress in the evening.

The club manager offered  to table the costumers for extra income but I didn't agree. Even though i badly need money, I could not afford to sell my dignity. I stopped working at the club, because I was always approached by greedy customers who wants to get into my pants . once ,I was almost molested by a drunk man good thing the bouncers were quick to save me.

I remember at dahyun's 18th
birthday. It was her last year in secondary school, I didn't have enough money to celebrate her special day. I feel bad for her at that time .What i did is , I just cooked a delicious dish for her to share with her classmates. and that's where our luck began.

Many of her classmates love what I cooked for them, and they requested to my sister if they can buy some for their lunch everyday. At first only my siblings' classmates ordered. Until I got to the point that i need to canceled some orders, because I can no longer accommodate the quantity .

Some of the teachers also invite me to cook for their families when there is any occasions. For more than two years I have saved enough money to rent a place for a small business. In our first month we only had five tables and now, we have only been opening for five months . And we already have twelve tables, our place is always full of customers .

Not to the brag but some of them are waiting for other costomers to finish eating so they can eat too. we are always busy because of the amount of costomer who dine in every day.

I didn't expect that this would be the outcome of our hardship. Who would have thought that someone like me, who just finished secondary school would have a business like this. Who would have thought , that an irresponsible daughter like me  Would be able to send my siblings to college.

Even though I have made many wrong decisions, I know I have learned from it. And the decision to take responsibility to my siblings was the best decision I have ever made in my life.

"Unnie, we are really proud of you. thank you for all your sacrifices for us. We really appreciate it" Yeri said .

"Someday, we'll be able to repay all that. Promise we will not disappoint you." Dahyun added.

"Just finish your studies and I'll be happy." I reply to them.

"Unnie, we will miss you."

"I will miss you too, remember my constant reminder.?"

"It's ok to have sex, just don't get pregnant ." their loud response that made me giggle.

They hugged me tightly, I felt yeri wipe away her tears.

"Call me when you both have a problem or you need anything. take care of each other. Ok." I reminded them. they nodded and left immediately.

Yeri is 19 and Dahyun is 20 years old. Dahyun stopped studying for a year , because I didn't have the ability to send her to college. now that I know I already can. I can't wait for them not to fulfill their dreams,  they will go to college together.

The class will start next week but i tell them to travel now so  they can still have time to fix their rented apartment in Seoul.

I would like to be with them but I can't because my income is here in Busan. I also want to go college but, I have no choice. I have to sacrifice for them.

I don't know if I can still go back to school . It is sad to think that I wasted my opportunity to study then. Someone gave me a scholarship but, I was angry with my mother at that time.

She didn't want me to have a relationship with my fellow woman  And she knew that , Hoyeon was nine years older than me and I was only 18 at the time , Because of my innocence and my curiosity in love, I runaway with her.

did i regret my decision to run away with her?

The decision that I left my family for her ,Yes . I proved that she didn't really love me the only thing she wanted was my body.

Why am I thinking about her? I shook my head to change my thoughts

If my restaurant continues to grow, I don't think I need to go back to school. but it's too early to think like that, I need to focus now on my business for the future of my siblings .

"Ms. Kim, flowers for you." I was distracted when I heard V's voice.

I gave him a fake smile. Since he became a regular costomer here, He always gives me flowers. Dont get me wrong , I can see that she is kind and decent man.

It's just I don't have time to flirt with him. I'm into girls, not because I don't want a dick. I just don't really want to have a skin contact with man , I do not know why i feel disgusted .

I've told him several times to stop courting me but, He really doesn't want to stop. I also told him i'm into girls . He just said that " i can change your preference." And i hate it .

"hi V, thank you." I accept a flower .

" it's my pleasure Ms. Kim. Can I invite you to dinner?"

"I'm really sorry V, I have a lot of things to do. and I hope this is the last time you invite me. I'm really sorry but, I don't really see myself having a relationship with you."
I said straight.

I don't want to hurt other people's feelings but , I just really don't want him to rely on nothing.

"I understand, jen but, expect me not to give up." he replied sluggishly.I don't really know how to stop him.