22) home

Jennie's Pov.

I opened my eyes and immediately noticed that I was in an unfamiliar room. the light coming from the lampshade on the side of the bed,  was bright enough for me to see all the things inside this room.

I remember falling asleep on our trip back to Seoul. I looked at the clock, it was two in the morning.

I turned to my side and saw one of the most beautiful creatures that God created for me.

I remember the first time I saw her face. I can't help but smile.

Flashback

urghhhhh fuck, jennie. I cursed myself as I held my head , in extreme pain. I opened my eyes and found myself in an unfamiliar room.

I turned to my side and frowned when I saw a woman with her back facing to me. I also noticed a long pillow blocking the middle of us.

I tried to remember what happened to me last night but , the only thing I remember is that I drank in a bar, because Hoyeon broke up with me. I don't even know who paid for everything I drank , because I know I don't have any money. Is it possible that this woman paid for what I drank? I asked myself.

I noticed that my clothes were different and I immediately looked at my underwear. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that I was still wearing the same. It means nothing happened.

She slowly turned and I smiled as her face fully revealed to me. She is handsome enough to be called beautiful.I don't understand but that's how I see her.

I stared at her as if she was the most beautiful creature created by God. when she suddenly opened her eyes, I panicked. but it immediately disappeared when she smiled at me.

" how are you feeling ?" she asked. I just remembered that my head hurts.

"Who are you? Why am I here?" I asked. She got up from lying down and sat on the bed.

"I brought you here to my apartment because I didn't want to leave you drunk there at the bar. I'm sorry if I sleep next to you. I'm not that rich. There is only one room here in my unit. the bed is big so I'll just share. don't worry, I didn't touch you.And  I changed your clothes, because you vomited. But I promise I didn't peek at you. I closed my eyes." She said while scratching her neck.

I smiled at her shyly. "thank you." I weakly responded to her.

"wait for me here, I'll just get something."
She patted me on the shoulder and before she left the room.

A few minutes later, the door opened again and she brought a glass of water. "Take this medicine, I know you have a headache." she said softly.

I don't know why but I just met this woman now, but I feel comfortable with her. I took the pill from her, put it in my mouth and drank some water.

" how old are you?" she asked.

"I'm 18." I saw confusion on her face.

"You're only 18, then you're drinking at a bar by yourself, do your parents know what you're doing?" sound scolding but in a calm way.

"I don't have parents anymore." I lied . I saw the pity on her face.

"sorry to hear that. mmhh!! are you staying somewhere? " she asked. I didn't answer and I shook my head.

"ok, I'll help you. I'll let you stay here if you want. By the way ,i'm lisa and i'm 27 years old."  I looked at her and our eyes met. I feel like I will drown in her gaze. She looked young at 27,  I thought we're just in the same age.

her eyes, her nose, her mouth really fit at the shape of her face. I have never experienced being in amazed of a person as much as I am amazed of the woman in front of me now. I mean my ex is also beautiful but the woman in front of me now , she is beautiful and handsome at the same time.

" are you okay .?" I returned to the right way of thinking when she spoke again.

" a-ammmh . t-thank you ." i said stuttering. " i'm Jennie Kim." i added

She smiled at me again before nodding.

End of flashback

The first time we met. She already assured me , that I could trust her . She made me feel that I had nothing to worry about.

As I stared at her sleeping peacefully, I couldn't stop my tears from flowing. I don't want to be a burden to her, and I'm afraid now.

I will admit that I am hurt, with what happened to my restaurant. I thought that my success would continue when my restaurant's income was good, but now I feel like I'm going back to the beginning.

Thinking that all this happened because of my negligence. I left the shop without even checking that all the stoves were turned off.

I know that my Wife has taken care of everything about the damage, which happened. I heard her talking to someone on the phone, the other day.

I honestly don't know what to do right now. I already used the money I saved, for the renovation of the restaurant. I know that I already secure ,my siblings' tuition for the whole year.  The problem I am having is ,where will I get the payment for their apartment and their allowance for the next months.

Yesterday I felt like I wasn't myself. I don't even know why I agreed to go with Lisa here in seoul. I want to slap myself in frustration.

"oh my gosh, I don't want to hurt them by saying that they have to stop studying, again." I said in my mind.

"I guess you forgot about me, baby. Do you think you'll let your siblings stop studying?" I almost lost my composure when Lisa suddenly spoke.

Stupid jennie, I cursed myself .  because I didn't realize that instead of saying it in my thoughts . I didn't realize that i let out the word through my mouth , and she heard that.

"I don't want to be a burden to you." I whispered.

She wrapped her hands  around my waist , before kiss me on the lips. "I am your wife, and your family is my family. And family helps each other." she said while looking into my eyes.

My tears we're unconsciously flowing. " baby, listen to me. you will not stop with your dream. you remember the place I made for you? I want you to use it because it was for your dream. you only lost a place in Busan , baby  but . Your ability to cook delicious food That's already on you." I hugged her tight.

"I love you, Lisa." I cried .

"I love you more, baby. I don't want you to think that you are a burden on me, ok . Because being with you every day, makes me feel like everything is lighter." she says ." And don't you dare, not to accept my help. if you don't want me to proceed with the divorce of our marriage, so that I can give you half of the assets that are right for you." She added.

I looked at her and saw that she was holding back her laughter. I playfully slapped her chest. "Seriously, Lisa. Thank you very much." I said seriously. "Your dream is my dream, baby. So I will be happy if you continue what you started." she replied.

I kissed her lips but immediately cut off,  when I remembered to ask where we were. "Whose room is this?" I asked. " this is our home my love, because you're already here." she answered, I smiled and hugged her tight again.