9

Arabella

When I wake up on Saturday morning I want to die, I'm in the spare bedroom in Ethan's house in one of his T-shirts that I slept in. Paige isn't in bed so I'm assuming she's downstairs or in Ethan's room, either way I'm so grateful I don't work Saturdays.

I go to the bathroom connected to the guest room to see how bad I look and I'm horrified. I have mascara smudged down my face, my hair is a mess and my breath stinks.

I've spent more time in this house than I have in my own so I don't hesitate to jump in the shower to freshen up.

After finding a pair of leggings I left here last time I stayed over, I put Ethan's old top, and the leggings on and tie my hair up in a messy bun and head downstairs for some coffee.

As I reach the bottom of the stairs I hear laughter, I turn the corner to see Paige and Ethan sat at the kitchen island and Ethan's mom cooking something that smells immense.

"Good morning Rebecca" I say with a sweet voice.

"Good morning darling, do you want some eggs?"

"Yes please Thank you" I say as she hands me a cup of coffee with milk and two sugars just the way I like it.

I drank more than I intended to last night and smoked a lot of weed.

As I'm trying to remember what happened after beating Lucas Ethan and Jamal in a game of poker I get a text.

Unknown number
*what time should I pick you up?*

Me
*who is this?*

Unknown number
*shit sorry I forgot you don't have my number. It's Lucas*

I'm starting to remember agreeing to meeting up with Lucas last night.

Me
* oh sorry, umm I'm at Ethan's not and I've got to get home to get ready, so maybe 2?*

Lucas
*works for me, I'll see you then*

"Who are you texting" Paige asks.

"Lucas" I reply, "we made plans last night to hang out".

I get home around 12 O'clock and get changed into a cropped white hoodie and blue jeans leaving my hair in the same bun as before. With plenty of time left I edit the photos of the football game and the cheerleaders and send them in to the paper.

Around 2:15, Lucas rings me letting me know he's outside.

About 10 minutes into the drive I ask him where we're going, he doesn't give me an answer he just promises me I'll enjoy it.

Thirty-five minutes go by which we spend listening to old songs and catching up, then we pull up to what looks like a warehouse with a full parking lot.

When we get inside it's loud. The sound of people shouting, things breaking and a lot of laughter. We get to the front desk with a massive sign above it saying 'WRECKAGE'.

"Where are we" I ask with a hint of laughter and confusion.

"You'll see."

We enter a small room filled with old punching bags, plates and mugs, and other random objects, the teenage boy in a red shirt, which I'm guessing is his uniform, hands us both plastic goggles and helmets.

"You have thirty minutes, have fun." He says and leaves the room.

In the middle of the room is a wall around 4 feet separating us from all the broken shards of glass. It's a wreck room.

"Oh my god. This is fucking amazing." I hug him out of gratitude, I love this, it looks so fun.