26

Arabella

Because me Paige and Ethan haven't really spent much time together over the past few weeks, we decide to have a movie night at mine and Paige's apartment.

I love this we used to do it all the time in junior year at Ethan's house. We made a fort with all our throw blankets, bedsheets and pillows, like we used to, and used the fairy lights from my room to light it up.

It's now 7pm on Saturday night, three hours into movie night, we're watching all the fast and furious movies. I haven't seen Cole since I was in hospital, I don't know how to ask if it was him who paid the bill, but I need to pay him back.

We decide to order a pizza, but the delivery time is two hours so I get changed out of my pyjamas and put on my white tank and grey joggers, and borrow Ethan's hoodie, and I head to the pizza place.

Once I've ordered they said it will be a 20 minute wait, so I decide to go to the supermarket for some snacks. I get a chocolate fudge cake, because it's my favourite and lots of chocolate and candy. I'm too distracted by all the soda options, trying to decide which ones to get when I bump into someone.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry" I turn around to be met with unpleasant eyes staring at me.

"Watch we're your going"

Right I know I should have been looking, but so should he.

"Yh you too" I say as I try to walk away.

He stands in front of me, stopping me from moving away,
"Listen you little bitch, you need to learn to be polite"

"And you need to learn to use deodorant, now move" I look him dead in the eye. He's drunk. I can smell it on his breath.

I push past him with my cart and go to check out. Once I've paid, I head back to the pizza place, I feel like someone's following me but every time I turn around, no one's there, I left my car at the pizza place, wanting to enjoy the cool air.

I accidentally drop my keys, when I bend over to get them I notice someone's shadow behind me. They're far enough away that I don't recognise them in the dark. So I get up and carry on walking as fast as I can hoping I'm just being paranoid. I finally get to my car and put the bags in the trunk.

"How can someone as sexy as you be so rude" I hear the strangers voice behind me.

"Excuse me?" I turn around to be met with a slap to the face.

"What the fuck, you dick" I shout as I knee him in the balls.

He curls over in pain and I kick him in the stomach. "Get a fucking life, you disgusting pig." I follow up by another kick after kick, I need to get this anger out.

I'm interrupted by someone's arms snaking around me pulling me away, hitting the faceless strangers arms trying to get away, I keep shouting, "get the fuck off me".

"Calm down bells" I hear his tough voice in my ear. I relax and he lets go of me with a smirk. "What are you doing".

I glance back at the drunken man on the floor, "nothing".

"That wasn't nothing"

"It's fine, that perv just needs to be polite."

His jaw tenses as he looks at the man, "did he ducking touch you?" He says in a low dangerous voice.

"He tried" I say putting a hand on Coles chest stopping him from moving towards him. "But I handled it", I say looking up at him. For a second he looked proud, but he quickly covered that up.

I walk past him, heading to collect my pizza, he follows me.

"What are you doing by yourself?" He asks.

"Why are you worried?" I tease him.

"No, just wondering why your being so fucking stupid."

Now his annoying me.

"I can take care of myself, as you just saw" I try to keep calm.

"What if that guy saw bigger and stronger, what would you have done." He asks as he follows me into the pizza place.

"I don't know, Coke. What do you want?" I say after thanking the pizza guy and walking out of the store.

"I mean at first I wanted to save the guy on the floor, but now I'm just enjoying watching you get annoyed" he leans down so his mouth brushes my ear, "it's sexy".

"Do you know what else is sexy" I move closer to him, I remember the night at the party when I was dancing, he has the same look in his eyes, I gently move my hand down from his shoulder to the bottom of his hand, watching the effects I have in his body. I can feel his pulse quicken. I look up at him, with my best 'fuck me eyes'. "Me kicking you in the balls" I finally say, moving away from him and getting in my car. I look in my rear view mirror, and he's just stood there, frozen as I drive away.