24

Arabella

I wake up in the hospital with the sight of Ethan going mental at someone on the phone.

Paige is sat next to me and notices me moving.

"Ethan! She's awake. Ethan!"

I'm so confused I don't know what happened.

"What the fuck" Ethan says as he hugs me, "what we're you thinking.

"What?" I don't know what's happening.

"What do you mean what, taking fucking sleeping pills and getting into the fucking bath."

Fuck, I was so stressed out last night I didn't even register that they were sleeping pills I just needed to feel relaxed.

"You almost ducking drowned. No you did drown but Paige got you breathing again."  Ethan is angry, I've never seen him like this. "And what are you doing taking pills."

"They're just to help me sleep." I say innocently, I don't get what his problem is.

"The one's you took don't just help you sleep they send a chemical to your brain which gets you fucking high, they're not fucking normal  sleeping pills."

Oh.

I look at Paige who still has a worried expression as the doctor walks in.

"Hello I'm doctor Harris" he greets, "I just wanted to inform you that because the oxygen to your brain was cut off for a few minutes, so we'd like to keep you here another night, just for observation."

"Ok Thank you" I reply.

"We also have to discuss where you got the pill from because you weren't diagnosed it." His tone is less friendly now, more judgemental.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember, I was at a party and I just got it."

"We'll do you remember where this party was?"

"No, sorry"

He knows I'm lying, but he also knows he can't do anything about that.

"Ok" he says dissatisfied and leaves the room.

After a while I convince Ethan and Paige to go home, I want to sleep, and they look exhausted. After Ethan shouted at me he calmed down and gave me a big bear hug. Because of all the background noice in the hospital it was difficult to get to sleep, I just kept my eyes closed in hopes my body would shut off for a few hours.

Cole

I heard from someone at school that bels is in the hospital, I tried getting more info m without seeming to care too much but only Ethan and Paige really knew anything, and they definitely would not tell me. I decide to skip school after hearing this, it's about 10:30am, but the teachers don't think twice anymore when I just leave school randomly.

On the way to the hospital I stop at a flower shop to get a bouquet of daisies for her, I quickly write on the note card that's attached to them and rush to the hospital, after getting all of Bella's information from the very flirtatious nurse I paid, I looked through the window of the door to see if she was awake.

Luckily I saw she was asleep, I snuck into the room, being careful not to wake her and placed the daisies on the table next to her. I don't want her to see me here but I can't leave just yet, I want to sit with her, make sure she really is ok. I move a stray hair away from her face, she's so beautiful.

"You scared me bels," I whisper, "please don't leave me" with that I decide I need to leave before she see's me, I kiss her forehead and quickly leave, turning my head to look back one more time before I leave to make sure she really is ok.

Arabella

I was still trying to get to sleep when I hear someone open my door, not wanting to talk to anyone I kept my eyes closed; however, curiosity got the best of me so I peaked through my half shut eye to see who it was.

Cole?

I really don't him hear, he still hates me, he's partly the reason I'm here I thought, but I stopped myself because I know it was my own stupidity that did this.

He put something on the small wooden table with wheels on the bottom of it, next to my bed, and sat on one of the uncomfortable blue plastic hospital chairs beside me. I wanted to ask him what he was doing, why is he do hog and cold.

I feel him grade my face with his rough finger and whisper something to me, "you scared me bels," he takes a moment, I can feel him examining my face, his voice cracks as he pleads with me, " please don't leave me." Then he just gets up and walks away.

I want to shout at him, ask him what he's going here, why he asks one way, one minute and then completely different the next. But I don't, I just let him leave.

Once I hear the door close I open my eyes to find a bouquet of daisies on my bed side table with a small piece of paper attached.

It just reads, "I'm sorry".