27

Arabella

I got back a bit later than planned, I told Paige what happened because I know Ethan would have gone insane. Paige still hasn't mentioned what happened between her and Ethan, I've brought it up a few times but she just changed the subject.

We continue to eat our pizza and watch movies until we all fall asleep together in the fort. It was a good night, it felt like old times.

I get Sunday off of work because the cafe is closed getting it's monthly deep clean.

I wake up still on the floor, Ethan and Paige are in the kitchen, I can hear them giggling and flirting with each other. I wish they would just get together.

I hear heavy footsteps making their way towards me. "Wake up sunshine, we're going to the lake." Ethan shouts eagerly.

I cover my face with a pillow not wanting to leave.

"It's supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far, shave your legs and get up" Paige pulls me up off of the floor.

"That just means everyone will be there" i argue trying to convince them.

The lake local to us is a popular hang out spot for teenagers, especially on hot days, no one ever plans it but everyone always shows up with beers and food, usually it's fun, but I'm really not in the mood. However needing to take my mind off of things, I get up and shower, I can't say no to them.

I paid my maroon bikini with a loose white knit top and blue denim shorts, leaving my hair damp from my shower, I put my sunglasses on my head and put my white sliders on.

Ethan drove us to the lake, it's only a 15 minute drive, including the stop we made to get drinks and food.

As I expected it's already half full by the time we get there, but we manage to get a place in the hot sun next to the clear lake. There's music blasting all around us along with the smell of delicious food.

We place our fold out chairs down and I instantly take my shorts and top off so I'm left in my bikini, Paige was right, it is the hottest day of the year. Whilst Ethan talks to a group of people on the other side of the lake, I finally get a change to talk to Paige.

"So, I've waited, but you have t said anything. What's going on with you and Ethan?" I say not leaving room for her to interrupt.

She looks nervous, like she wanted to ask me something.

"I- I think I might like him." I feel a jolt of excitement at her statement, so I don't understand why she looks so worried. "Is that ok with you?" She asks nervously.

"Yes, course it's ok with me, it's more than ok with me. Why would you think it wouldn't be?" I reply, surprised.

"It's just," she pauses for a second, trying to figure out what to say, "I don't want things to change, we're a family, I was worried you would be angry."

I practically jump on her, giving her a hug. I hear her laugh as she pushes me from her. "Get off me you big log"

"What has Ethan said about it?" I ask

"nothing really, we've had a few moments we're the tension was too much, but I walked away before it could go anywhere, my only slip up was that party."

I look off into the distance to see Ethan coming back, when he gets closer I stand up, " I'm going for a swim." I say as I walk behind Ethan. I look at Paige who looks like she's going to kill me as I mouth 'talk to him' to her.

I walk into the clear cool water, I want to take a swim before it gets too busy.