3

We started chatting a bit in the elevators, as our mood slowly shifted away from that sadness which had overwhelmed us ever since we had set foot on floor nine.

- ... but maybe re-living the old times isn't that bad. It's like having a sleepover again - Jeongin was trying to look at the bright side of the situation, as always.

- Yeah, but have you seen the beds? I'd rather sleep on mine back at the house in Wonju - Jisung pointed out - also, I don't want to share a room with Changbin again! -

- That house is not an option anymore guys, so better forget those comfy beds - I stated, walking out of the elevator as fast as possible, trying to get away from Felix.

I don't know what had took over him but that wasn't the same Felix I knew. Also, I could not keep his whispery voice out of my head, his words would echo in my brain all the time: "I guess see you tonight? ". Was he really planning on coming to my room?

While I was immersed in my thoughts, I didn't notice we had already reached the garage where the vans had been parked for us.

- Ok guys, listen up. First we get out the documents and the money and then the weapons. Clear? - I tried to cover up my worry about Felix with a steady voice and a bossy attitude, also not wanting them to complain about wanting to carry the weapons first.

We all started to work, each one of us being a piece of a greater assembly line. We took the money to the safe in the underground floors, along with all the important papers. Lastly, there were the weapons.

- Eun, can we bring the weapons directly to the shooting range? I want to practice a bit - asked Seungmin. I quickly checked the time, and I saw it was already way past lunchtime.

- I believe right now the new trainees are having their lesson there. Maybe tomorrow we can join - I casually said.

- Whoa, new trainees? Are they already thinking of replacing us? - I glanced at Minho, who looked rather offended by the idea of being replaced.

- Anyways, tomorrow we might have a bit of a tight schedule, so if you need to rest or eat something please do. You are dismissed - and with that, one by one they started to slowly walk away.

I walked back to my room, dragging my feet from the exhaustion of the day.

Again, seeing floor nine didn't bring back positive feelings, but this time they were less intense. I changed with some more comfortable clothes I found neatly folded on the floor next to the bed, then I laid down and dozed off immediately. It had been a tiring day.

I woke up to the feeling of a hand shaking me insistently, and when I opened my eyes I saw Hyunjin looking at me, pretty annoyed by the fact I wasn't waking up.

- You coming to have dinner with us? - I looked at him, taking a little while to process what he had just said, then nodded in approval.

- Just give me two minutes to get changed - I stood up slowly, waiting for him to leave my room, but he didn't. - Are you going to stand there? -

- Yes - he said casually. I sighed in defeat, wondering what the fuck had taken over the minds of these boys. First Felix, and now Hyunjin. I swear to God, they are going to drive me crazy.

I changed in front of him, not really caring, since it was not the first time he had seen me like that. It was quite common for us to change in the same room back in the training days, but since we were all like siblings, no one really thought anything out of it.

We walked downstairs to the cafeteria, where other members of the gang were having their dinner as well. Sometimes, some of their phones would beep, and the whole group would stand up and hurry to accomplish their mission. But not us. Luckily, no drug or hostage trade required our presence, meaning that we were free for the night.

"Unfortunately", I thought as Felix came to my mind. The split second my mind went to him, he sat right in front of me at the table, a plate of food in his hands.

- Do you mind? - it was a rhetorical question to both Hyunjin and I, but I would have gladly answered "yes. In fact, I do mind ". After he sat at the table there was silence. For me, an awkward one, but I knew Felix was having fun with me being all worried over him. And I hated it.

After a while, one by one, all members slowly started joining our table and a nice conversation actually started.

A young woman in heels and skirt, probably one of the secretaries, approached us, bowing.

- Good evening, Stray Kids squad. I am here to inform you that tomorrow you are required to participate to the teaching of the target shooting lesson of the new trainees. It will start at 10:30 a.m. - We all nodded expressionless as she bowed again and continued doing whatever she was doing before.

Teaching target shooting lesson was something I expected Jeongin or Hyunjin to be asked, not all of us. Nevertheless, if these orders were indeed coming from my father, we could do nothing but to accept them.

After the lady went away, we all decided to go back to our rooms to get some sleep.

Or not to.

I was shifting back and forth, from one side to the other, on the bed. I could not close my eyes and rest, the adrenaline in my body had decided otherwise. My hands were fidgeting, anxiously waiting for something. I knew what that something was.

Felix.

What I did now know was whether I wanted him to come or not. Surely, the idea of having some sex after all that time did not sound so bad, but with Felix? We had grown up together, he was like a brother to me.

After a couple of hours of waiting sleepless, I decided he was not worthy all that anxiety, so I laid on my side, my back facing the door, trying to rest. I closed my eyes and tried all my best to relax.

- Aw, already sleeping? So cute -

Fuck.