27

Hyunjin POV

- Fucking get me out of here! - I shouted, banging on the door once again with all the strength I had in my body.

Once I saw them running towards the vans, I started the engine, waiting for everybody to enter before driving off. However, she was missing.

- Where is Eun? - My eyes frantically searched every corner they could land on, scanning for her presence. - Where the fuck is she?! - I shouted once I realised she was nowhere to be seen. I swung the door open and ran towards the building, as if I was possessed by some demon.

It took Jungkook, Namjoon and Chan to tackle me down and drag me back to the rear of the van, where they kept me for the whole drive. I had tried to force the doors open, but nothing had worked, I was stuck in there for the whole time.

Just me and my thoughts.

I believed I had lost her.

I fell on the floor, crying for the rest of the journey. I could not imagine even breathing without her around.

I kept on sobbing for the whole walk back to our apartment as well, Namjoon and Jungkook still escorting me.

Seeing those walls again, along with that room broke me even more, bringing painful memories back. I once again felt like I had lost all of my sanity, screaming at the top of my lungs and kicking to break free from the others.

So there I was, locked up in a room as two people guarded me from outside.

- Open the fucking door or I'm gonna tear it down and shoot all of you! - I punched the door once again, yelping in pain.

- H-Hyunjin, calm down, you're gonna get hurt! - Jeongin spoke from the other side. He sounded scared.

- I'm already hurt, I don't fucking care! I would rather die than live without her! - I hit the door once again, this time harder. My knuckles left traces of blood on the wood, my wrist aching badly from the strong impact. I let out a last, heartfelt scream before crumbling down on the floor, my legs giving up on me.

My mind raced through all the possibilities, from her being already dead, to hidden somewhere, to being held hostage.

My only hope was that she was still alive.

I thought of our moments together, just the two of us... her eyes, her smile, her gentle touch on my skin... all about her was all I have ever needed. It was so painful I started having trouble breathing, my hands trembling from exhaustion.

- Please, just find her... - I pleaded through the door, my voice breaking.

I kneeled there and sobbed quietly for what it felt like hours. I couldn't think of anything but her.

- E-Eun... -

I was asleep right in front of the door when I heard it open. It was Namjoon, holding a letter.

- Come in the living room, we have to talk. - His face and tone were serious as he eyed me up and down, warning me not to put on another show. Unknowingly to him, I was drained of all of my energy, I could barely walk.

I stood up slowly, despite being eager of getting out of there. In the living room, everybody was sitting quietly on the couches and on the floor in front of them. They were all pensive, but my entrance in the room made everybody's gaze lift up to me.

I assumed I looked like shit, given their pitiful stares.

- They sent a ransom letter. - Namjoon explained.

So she was alive! My eyes lit up as I regained all of my hope and strength.

- Let's give them anything they want! - I shouted, maybe a little too fast and too loud. Nobody said a word, making me fearful of what they actually required for her to come back.

- They want Felix. - I looked at the little blonde boy who was sat in front of me, his puffy, red eyes fixed on the carpet.

For the first time in a while, I didn't know what I wanted. I loved Eun with my whole heart, but was I that careless towards Felix to send him towards sure death? He had been my best friend for seventeen years, he had comforted me through everything. I could just not do that to him.

But Eun...

- We are already thinking of something to get her back without sacrificing Felix. - Minho spoke, reading my torn expression.

- Thank you. - I almost whimpered, feeling as if I was about to bust out crying again. I fixed my gaze on the ceiling, holding back those tears which had formed in my eyes.

I could not afford to lose any of them.

We all parted ways after a while of brainstorming. We had thought of a plan all together, even though I was unsure of its success. The only thing I was sure about, is that I was ready to sacrifice myself for her safety.

I was lying down on my bed, my eyes closed as I ate one of the last lollipops I had left, trying not to think about her. One more thought, and I would have cried myself to sleep once again.

The door slightly opened, our oldest member coming in.

- She's going to be fine. - Chan lowly said, sitting at the edge of my bed, faintly smiling.

- But what if something goes wrong like last time? - I asked, a single tear trailing down my cheek.

Never in seventeen years I had felt so fragile. Maybe only after I had lost my family... perhaps that was the reason why such ransom had hurt me so deeply. They were both family, and I felt like I was becoming an orphan all over again. More tears started flowing, and soon I couldn't see anymore from how watery my eyes were.

- I promise you it won't. I will do anything in my capability to ensure that they both return here safely. - He offered me his hand, which I took after few seconds of thinking, wiping my tears off.

I sat on the bed right next to him, fidgeting with my rings, my gaze going back and forth from them to the floor.

- What do you think are they doing to her? - I asked almost in an inaudible whisper, just loud enough for Chan to hear.

He sighed, staying silent for a while. He patted my back, his touch reassuring me for a while.

- Just don't think about it, ok? We need to stay focused in order to carry out the plan in the best way possible. - He showed me a smile, standing up to leave my room. - Now please get some rest and relax as much as you can. Then, we're gonna kill them all. - He grinned evilly, revenge burning behind his eyes.

As he closed the door behind him, I could not think of anything else than how they would have collapsed on the floor under my bullets, how I would have slit their throats open, blood spilling everywhere.

I won't give them time to say a word.

The split second I lay my eyes on them, they're dead.